Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. This was much worse than against Spurs. Shocking performances everywhere against a bang average side.
O still think it's against the bang average sides we struggle the most. Away at United, Chelsea and Liverpool we played much better, yeah I know we only got one point in those games. But against Leicester and junk like Huddersfield, Newcastle and palace we struggle.
Can't beat top teams, struggle against poor teams, problem this.

I'm shocked you rated us as highly as bang average today. For the first 45 minutes we didn't even know what sport we were playing

It makes me quite angry that teams can now come to Goodison and get 3 points playing at less than half throttle.

Our playing staff needs gutted and the daft wages paid out in recent years need drastically reduced so we can get a winning culture back. The money influx has wrecked our identity. This current crop aren't Everton players.

It makes me quite angry that teams can now come to Goodison and get 3 points playing at less than half throttle.

Our playing staff needs gutted and the daft wages paid out in recent years need drastically reduced so we can get a winning culture back. The money influx has wrecked our identity. This current crop aren't Everton players.
From an outsider's point of view it doesn't seem to be an attitude problem of the players. If I'm being brutally honest (hope you don't mind) there just seems to be a defeatist mindset around the club. Almost an acceptance that best of the rest is the glass ceiling. I may be wrong of course and you lot will know more

From an outsider's point of view it doesn't seem to be an attitude problem of the players. If I'm being brutally honest (hope you don't mind) there just seems to be a defeatist mindset around the club. Almost an acceptance that best of the rest is the glass ceiling. I may be wrong of course and you lot will know more

You're definitely right about the defeatism. The players absolutely revel in it because it means there is little expectation placed on them, and they avoid the scrutiny and pressure.

I don't think there's a better club in world football right now if you're a middle of the road bog standard top half premier league player. Huge inflated wages and next to no pressure.

We have some players who are technically excellent,such as Bernard, Gomes,Digne,Siggy,possibly Zouma,and some who are young and not yet playing to potential for example Richarlison. When these players are on song, and are not physically below par, we can match anyone, even carrying some below standard players. Keane,DCL, come to mind. But everyone but Bernard and Siggy appears to have hit a bad patch at the same time. Hopefully this is the blip that most teams have in a season, but its been going on too long and we need a dominating performance and significant win in the cup against the Divison two Leaders who at their level are playing very well. Silva should not be immune from criticism, but is entitled to another season as long as things don't become dangerously bad. Crowd support is vital because if the crowd turn against Silva and the players we are done for.

I'm shocked you rated us as highly as bang average today. For the first 45 minutes we didn't even know what sport we were playing

Main difference today mate is that you've got an excellent, experienced and proven striker. You had one chance and took it.

Not that we really created a chance, but when we do, we don't usually take them.

Main difference today mate is that you've got an excellent, experienced and proven striker. You had one chance and took it.

Not that we really created a chance, but when we do, we don't usually take them.
I think Tosun from the start of even Richarlison up top would've caused us more problems than DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.