Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of problems.

1. It might be too late to save us by January
2. No guarantee any shift in personnel will work instantly.

It's not every day Kevin Campbell just lands on your doorstep and bails you out.

Simply put, we flew too close to the sun, and now we are plummeting like lightning towards the abyss.

And we aren't coming back any time soon after the drop
Stop persisting with DCL would help, but also the wingers are poor, I’m sure there are strikers that would come win and be an instant Improvement on what we have, tbh I’d rather us play Maupay at at least he puts himself about a bit. But we haven’t had a decent striker since Lukaku left and we need one ASAP.

We're just so easy to set up against. We play the same formation, try the same patterns of play and, when we make substitutions, it's always like for like replacements.

All of that on top of the fact that we are completely toothless in attack. We actually had chances tonight but I rarely thought we would actually score. It's a good job there's only one more league game before the break.
Add to this, the majority of our attacking plays are by playing the ball to wingers who are not posing a threat and as opponents are aware of what we will do, they close down the wing space making us struggle even further.
Additionally, I counted 3/4 occasions in the first half where DCL flicked on headers but not once was there any player taking a gamble and running beyond.

That was the worst we’ve played this season. Toothless in attack and lacking any intensity. I’d give Cannon and Mills a game if in the league cup midweek, can’t be any worse than our current attacking threat.
Cannon n ball would improve us going forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.