Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have spent 500m to breathe a sigh of relief at getting a late draw at home to Leicester City when we are in imminent danger of relegation. Respect @FOXINPEACE . Nil satis nisi optimum is just a joke with this squad. Roll up your flipping sleeves you wasters. Coming alive for 10 minutes is not acceptable
If only someone had ever mentioned this previously.

I have just seen the result!!...made up with a draw. Our brave lionhearts have served their pride well.
In all honesty though, I am over this incarnation of Everton...it represents me not one iota: they are weak, I am strong: they are mercenaries, I am beyond-purchase loyal. I have stated before on this website, I hate this present manifestation of our club. The best thing that can happen is we get relegated, clear out the dross...and start again. And if cannot start again?...'aye, what dreams may come'...well that just demonstrates what a club we have truly become.
Disgrace.

But for all the fools who still live life by the meter of meaningless football: fair wind and I wish you well....fools indeed you are.

EVERYTHING is bent...

...is broken

Last edited:
I have just seen the result!!...made up with a draw. Our brave lionhearts have served their pride well.
In all honesty though, I am over this incarnation of Everton...it represents me not one iota: they are weak, I am strong: they are mercenaries, I am beyond-purchase loyal. I have stated before on this website, I hate this present manifestation of our club. The best thing that can happen is we get relegated, clear out the dross...and start again. And if cannot start again?...'aye, what dreams may come'...well that just demonstrates what a club we have truly become.
Disgrace.

But for all the fools who still live life by the meter of meaningless football: fair wind and I wish you well....fools you are.

EVERYTHING is bent...

...is broken
Must have been watching the Australian election campaign instead, that'd do it.
...yep everything is broken.

Well , that was a nervy ending !
Leicester were running rings around us for the first 20 mins , then we started to kick on . Played well second half . Allan was slow af same goes with Delph who I think he's forgotten how to pass forward ! Imo , I think we coukld of won that with the ammount of chances we had . Leicester taking the piss a few times with time wasting , even when coming back after half time the bellends. Shocking refereeing, the worst I've seen this season . An ugly goal from Richy but a massively important one . That point felt like a win and could prove to be absolutely monumental for our Prem status . I still think we will be ok , but this is just my opinion . Just got to believe we will be ok and get behind them now for every minute we can .

UTFT
COYB
?

If we had put those chances away, we could of won quiet comfortably .
So could've the foxes.
Blues battled well in 2nd half and deserved a point.
Rondon made the difference.
Richarlison gets back in form and Rondon might be the answer

Last edited:
I've not watched us since the Spurs 5-0 debacle, I get too angry and stressed and it ruins the evenings. I stopped following updates on my phone last night with 10 minutes to go as I was getting angry and stressed ? so had a nice surprise when I saw the result this morning when I finally had the b@ll5 to switch my phone on. Think we need 9 more points to be safe...Watford, Brentford and Palace and maybe blag a couple of draws

Noticed several other posters expressing a similar sentiment over the last few pages - this reply is directed at them as much as you...

All we saw last night was proof that Rondon can be half-effective when brought on with 25 minutes to go against tiring defenders. The rest of this season has provided ample evidence he cannot play a full 90 at Prem level, nor is he effective as a starter because he lacks the athleticism to make any impact against fresh defenders.

I'm NOT saying "don't start him". I'm asking what YOU would do with your bench in a scenario where you pick Rondon to start the game, knowing full well that he's going to have to come off around 55 minutes.
I think even if we can get 60 mins of what he provided last night will be much more beneficial than what DCL is producing.

I've not watched us since the Spurs 5-0 debacle, I get too angry and stressed and it ruins the evenings. I stopped following updates on my phone last night with 10 minutes to go as I was getting angry and stressed ? so had a nice surprise when I saw the result this morning when I finally had the b@ll5 to switch my phone on. Think we need 9 more points to be safe...Watford, Brentford and Palace and maybe blag a couple of draws
Don't disagree with the general sentiment, but the trouble is that whenever we look for 'winnable' games all of the teams we think of are comfortably above us in the league, and at this stage of the season, the reason that some teams, are above others is that they're better. Essentially, then, we're expecting to beat teams who are better than us at footy. Doable, but still very tricky.

I thought it was a poor performance overall, and that they took the piss a bit with how they were popping it around, whereas we only really got on the ball whenever they gave it up cheaply.

At the same time, we're 17th in April for a reason, and it did feel like a decent result when the final whistle blew. I thought we needed to get three points from these two home games, so can't complain really, as it's much more about results than performances at the moment.

If we had put those chances away, we could of won quiet comfortably .
Richarlison could - no, should - have scored at least one of his gilt edge opportunities yesterday, which I believe would have changed the entire complexion.

Instead, we were forced into what's becoming the common tendency of having to rush in the last ten to twenty minutes.
I thought it was a poor performance overall, and that they took the piss a bit with how they were popping it around, whereas we only really got on the ball whenever they gave it up cheaply.

At the same time, we're 17th in April for a reason, and it did feel like a decent result when the final whistle blew. I thought we needed to get three points from these two home games, so can't complain really, as it's much more about results than performances at the moment.
Ditto. Looking at the positives, we did not give up and showed enough character to drag out a result - a point is a point and may be a crucial one.

Even a mere few weeks ago, I felt we would have probably sunk without a trace, so the fight in the squad is becoming more evident and it's sorely required.

However, we looked poor overall: disjointed; lack of composure on the ball and an inability to regularly string a series of passes together.

For far long, we played too deep and the midfield were easily overrun. With hindsight, it's easy to say it was a poor selection, but it succeeded against United*

I still try to truly understand how Lampard wants us to play as we lack a style or identity, and I don't see clear and obvious avenues of building up towards a goal.

How often do put a ball across the box or move the ball into opportunities to shoot? The players seem to dawdle on the ball without knowing what to do with it.

It pains me to say it as I think he's fluffin' rubbish, however I agree with the shouts that we look better with Rondon and Richarlison on the left.

*Perhaps that's a testament to how rubbish United were, in a game we didn't particularly shine either.

Last edited:
Still annoyed we put in that performance last night. It was a game there for the taking which the players had 10 days to prepare for.

The link up play and movement throughout the team was dire. It looks like they practice absolutely nothing in training. The one huge positive is that point could end up keeping us in the league. Take it all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.