Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you have the Rovers, my other team is Colombia and I’m recent weeks they have been more disappointing than Everton :Blink: Talking about purgatory.

Now im also fearing that Colombian Diaz will score against us on Sunday and that’s going to make me mad, specially because he is one of my favorite Colombian players at the moment.
Don't worry big yezza will take him out. Hopefully

The Rondon sub is the best move for me today, noticeably his holding play, headers (one glancing header to far corner was a tad too high), and physicality in fending off defender to allow the pass to the middle for the goal. Even Dele sub was not a bad move instead of Daucoure as he although less fit but he's the player that can create something from nothing.

But if we aren't playing him, we also need to stop putting richie up top. He needs to be wider.

Like this?

1650512234537.png

Didn’t realise how worked up and agitated I was last night until I left the ground was sweating had to take coat off and walk back to the car in my T shirt. The game, thought the selection of Allen, Delph in midfield was a big mistake to slow and immobile the both of them, they offered no pace or physicality and were chasing shadows all game. The subs Rondon was the right sub, and as for Ali, I know people will rightly point to his part in the goal, otherwise he should be no where the starting 11 in our present position, players running past him at will with no defensive know how about him. Richy MOTM for me that goal could be massive, and the fact he just doesn’t give up, and the one thing you can’t accuse him of is lack of effort leaves everything on the pitch.

I went again tonight, not just saying it but I'd start Rondon ahead of DCL right now. I'm not a fan at all of Rondon but that's were we are at with the club right now.
Noticed several other posters expressing a similar sentiment over the last few pages - this reply is directed at them as much as you...

All we saw last night was proof that Rondon can be half-effective when brought on with 25 minutes to go against tiring defenders. The rest of this season has provided ample evidence he cannot play a full 90 at Prem level, nor is he effective as a starter because he lacks the athleticism to make any impact against fresh defenders.

I'm NOT saying "don't start him". I'm asking what YOU would do with your bench in a scenario where you pick Rondon to start the game, knowing full well that he's going to have to come off around 55 minutes.

Didn’t realise how worked up and agitated I was last night until I left the ground was sweating had to take coat off and walk back to the car in my T shirt. The game, thought the selection of Allen, Delph in midfield was a big mistake to slow and immobile the both of them, they offered no pace or physicality and were chasing shadows all game. The subs Rondon was the right sub, and as for Ali, I know people will rightly point to his part in the goal, otherwise he should be no where the starting 11 in our present position, players running past him at will with no defensive know how about him. Richy MOTM for me that goal could be massive, and the fact he just doesn’t give up, and the one thing you can’t accuse him of is lack of effort leaves everything on the pitch.
Richy missed two belter chances,

Noticed several other posters expressing a similar sentiment over the last few pages - this reply is directed at them as much as you...

All we saw last night was proof that Rondon can be half-effective when brought on with 25 minutes to go against tiring defenders. The rest of this season has provided ample evidence he cannot play a full 90 at Prem level, nor is he effective as a starter because he lacks the athleticism to make any impact against fresh defenders.

I'm NOT saying "don't start him". I'm asking what YOU would do with your bench in a scenario where you pick Rondon to start the game, knowing full well that he's going to have to come off around 55 minutes.
Well, I don't know why the defenders were tiring all that much, since they hadn't had to do an awful lot. Maybe start Rondon to get 55 minutes of him instead of 25, and then bring on DCL and invite him to prove he should have started?

Had a look at our run in again there, good god it’s awful. Burnley have the easier games - no doubt but I don’t think Leeds are out of bother just yet.

If we get anything from the next two games it will be an act of god.

This 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.