Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've mentioned time after time Fofana was crap every time I'd seen him.....well I can confirm I chat absolute crap. Fella is a Rolls Royce of a defender.

I'd be fuming if I was a Leicester fan, you play so much good football then have massive stages where you just take your foot off the gas. Don't know how many goals you've conceded in injury time but surely you've lost around 10 points as it seems to happen a lot.
We've lost 32 points from winning positions and I think 10 of those are in injury time! Astonishing really!

As for Fofana I genuinely believe he could go on to be one of the best defenders in the world. He has everything a modern centre back needs

7 changes from the Newcastle game where Leicester didnt seem bothered losing yet fast forward to this evening and a full strength team out against us and just look at the reaction by their players to the late draw…. it really is Everton against the rest here which is why a point, gained somehow, is worth its weight in gold. Brendan Rogers…. Any chance you’d like to explain why you fielded a league cup team last week but not tonight?
Because they had played on the Thursday night before..when we play them away they will be in the same situation

And yet it was Dele’s persistence and Rondon’s dummy which earned us our point.

Doucoure has been total pants recently.

Good subbing by Frank IMO.
Why only use two subs. though and he does this a lot, Mykolenko was my choice, he played well and was possibly the only player who played with any urgency and realised how desperate our position is, not going to mention some of the poor performances of many of the players who should have at least put in the effort of the young lad from a war torn country.

We've lost 32 points from winning positions and I think 10 of those are in injury time! Astonishing really!

As for Fofana I genuinely believe he could go on to be one of the best defenders in the world. He has everything a modern centre back needs

Dictates play, great on the ball, sniffs out danger, genuinely very impressed by him. Was Dewsbury Hall your number 22? Again, you can see he has quality. Ineacho (sorry for spelling) was piss poor though. Need a top quality striker to replace Vardy. Was that Mendy in midfield? My lad thought he was superb

I think I've mentioned time after time Fofana was crap every time I'd seen him.....well I can confirm I chat absolute crap. Fella is a Rolls Royce of a defender.

I'd be fuming if I was a Leicester fan, you play so much good football then have massive stages where you just take your foot off the gas. Don't know how many goals you've conceded in injury time but surely you've lost around 10 points as it seems to happen a lot.

See my posts on him in the past, hes class.

Incredible fee they paid...big gamble but its paid off and then some.

We were linked before they signed him as well...such a pity.

After getting £80mil for Maguire i think United should offer Leicester that for Fofana.

Theres a few of these gems around in France. Badiashile looks to be their next top centre back after Fofana to come through.

Dictates play, great on the ball, sniffs out danger, genuinely very impressed by him. Was Dewsbury Hall your number 22? Again, you can see he has quality. Ineacho (sorry for spelling) was piss poor though. Need a top quality striker to replace Vardy. Was that Mendy in midfield? My lad thought he was superb
Dewsbury-Hall will be the only thing I'll look on this season on with any positivity, unless we win the Conference league thing.

And yeah Vardy is almost as irreplaceable as you can get. Iheanacho and Daka have moments of quality but neither are anywhere near the level of Vardy.

Mendy was defensive mid yeah. He's not a regular starter but with the absence of Ndidi he sometimes has to step in. We signed him to full the void left by Kante so he's always been unfairly compared to him

If not then a regular in the premier league team of the year.

Class

See my posts on him in the past, hes class.

Incredible fee they paid...big gamble but its paid off and then some.

We were linked before they signed him as well...such a pity.

After getting £80mil for Maguire i think United should offer Leicester that for Fofana.

Theres a few of these gems around in France. Badiashile looks to be their next top centre back after Fofana to come through.
Arsenal signed Saliba who partnered Fofana at a French club (Saint Etienne maybe?). Saliba was regarded as the better of the two but I think Fofana will end up having the better career

Arsenal signed Saliba who partnered Fofana at a French club (Saint Etienne maybe?). Saliba was regarded as the better of the two but I think Fofana will end up having the better career

Correct ;)

Fofana better on the ball and quicker while Saliba was more of a larger more typical defender though quality of course

Very good combo together...you should try for Saliba in the summer and get them back together.

If he does he does..they are entitled use any of their squad. He also rested v Palace. He will against us too
If we deserve to stay in the PL we need to grow some cojones and play against whoever is put up against us. Our priority is not what the opposition puts out but how we perform. This season we have been mostly rubbish - no point blaming other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.