Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the quick turnaround a positive is no major injuries. It still feels like we left points out there even though we were outplayed...

Came from from an unnecessary corner in the first place when he put it wide because he doesn’t know where his goal post is.... Started and finished by Pickford.

True that, fair point. Today was a good result but could have been 3 points without those mistakes. Let's hope it is the last straw for him

Thing is which team dropped 2 points tonight, Everton or Leicester? for me they did as Everton were there for the taking tonight, Everton were shocking and didnt deserve anything, so the point is a bonus, even if we did throw the chance of a win away

I'm not gonna overreact.

That's a decent point. We didn't play well for large chunks of the game, and still could have nicked it at the end.

They have scored because of an error. We know Pickford has one in him, but for once, I am surprised. It wasn't like earlier in the season when he was throwing them in. He's been extremely solid now ever since that Leeds game at home, I'd say, and today he was actually looking very commanding and then, out of nothing, the mistake to give away the corner (like Davies did against Wolves) and then the mistake to not save the shot. Fortunately, he got his head screwed back on. Now on Carlo to deem whether Olsen gets an extended run in the side.

But, the goal had been coming because we sat too deep. I've said this before, but we are simply not good enough for too many chunks of time after the break in matches. We invited tons of pressure and it told. That shouldn't be in the gameplan. I'm not blaming Carlo, not really blaming anyone. It's just a team thing that needs to change.

Leicester, by my book, are the best side to turn up at Goodison this season, in terms of an all-round performance, yet we've got a point and could have gone and won it at the end. Really, DCL has to score that.

Anyway, we take the point and move on. Newcastle is massive. Did James go straight down the tunnel? Hope it's nothing if indeed he did, because we'll need him against them.

Main shame is that James goal didn't go on to be a winner.
Agree mostly.
Carlo sets up like that bc he knows inevitably it's going to end up like that. He just doesn't have the players. With James tiring and Richarlison out of form (despite busting his guts once again) what are you going to do? - make your defence rock solid and look at what you got left in your hand.
Ignore all that and youve got Marco.

Reckon the decision on Olsen was made tonight.
Pickford has never looked solid - there's something in the way he boots the ball that encapsulates his mindset - off balance.
He's a boy amongst men, no matter how much he wants to project otherwise. To grow I think he needs to travel.

GK aside, the foundations are good. If you look at the way Seamus came on, won a corner soon after to set up best way of scoring, goes across and niggles the goalie, could easily have won the game there. Well the team needs one or two players of that character up the pitch; with the quality to match.
But they're a long way from where they were.

Thought Iwobi should've come on for Gomes and Coleman for Holgate though.

Missed the match. :(

A top 4 place is gonna be decided by the clubs that get the most Ws against the current 8-20 placed clubs. For the teams above us, if we just get the point (meaning they dropped 2 as well) this is fine.

Pickford doing Pickford things In general we're just too reserved at times. Sitting back trying to absorb pressure. Missed Doucs for sure today but it's not a bad point. Olsen in on Saturday please.

I’ve tried to give Pickford the benefit of the doubt, but I can’t any longer...if Olsen played tonight we’d have 3 points. Big Nev was so often the difference and we need another keeper of stature, one more signing to add to the list!

The thing Pickford has is the passing I thought Olsen was very poor in the few times we´ve seen him
The first priority is to control the goalmouth and make saves as necessary. I don't remember Nev being particularly lauded for his kicks out.

Stop conceding goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.