Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont no why?
It's like when we had Lawson and Davies , everybody in the ground could see the problem , we had decent players badly let town by piss poor keepers.
It cost us the league then and it could cost us Europe now.
Pickford has been going down hill for the last 2 years he isnt going to get better.

Final thing ill say about this match, we seriously are unbalanced without Digne at left back, Godfrey has been terrific but need to find a different spot for him. Digne up there as best left back in the league. Digne gets the best out of Richy too.

Mina and Keane are terrific

We're actually balanced cos there's nothing similar on the right...GOdfrey & Holgate are solid, but not attacking, and I kind of like the safety, and tough wall of defence with those 4 at the back. But we need Iwobi & Digne opposite sides

Its people like you accept being mediocre. We played no PL football for almost 2 weeks due to fixtires being cancelled, had Digne, Richy, James and Iwobi all available AT home. Yet our tactics were as if we're playing Barca at home with 30% possession in both halfs. There was no desire or intent to win the game. The players have been instructed to play conservative football.

All of his wins have been from pragmatic football which do not get you near the top 4. We lost the games at HOME to West Ham and Leeds already this season due to his poor tactics.

I can give him that he is without Allan and Docoure but even with them in the side, its just the defence that becomes stronger. His tactics do not allow any creativity whatsoever unless its a cross that is headed in. Him and Brands rather than working a solution, let Walcott and Kean go on loan while they could have been the mobile options off the bench once chasing a winner.
Kind of agree but if we had gone toe to toe with them with our midfield we would have conceded a shed load imo. Maddison was good today but we kept him fairly quiet by denying the space, no space in behind for perez or barnes to get into. Agree the tactics were defensive from the start but I think they needed to be. Gomes and Davies were over run just sitting 10 yards off the back 4. As for walcott and kean, walcott has spent more time on the treatment table since being here and Kean wanted to go. If it's a choice between Kean and dcl up front its dcl every time.

We tried resolutely to defend against barrage of traffic coming through a non-existent midfield, and although Pickford is primarily to blame for the goal, it must be said that there were opportunities to get that cleared or blocked before it got through to the 'keeper. Dont think it would have done with Allan in there. But still should have be saved. I just hope there is not a fear that dropping Pickford will look like all the blame is being laid on him, and Carlo opts to keep him out of the spotlight and gives him another try. Enough is enough
Came from from an unnecessary corner in the first place when he put it wide because he doesn’t know where his goal post is.... Started and finished by Pickford.

If we can add Allan and Doucoure and have 2 months with no injuries to our first 11 we'll be right in the mix for top 4
I think this match gave us a reminder of last years midfield. We need Allan and Doncoure as they make a massive difference, then we need to strengthen the squad to cover when these are out.

Squad depth is a problem with a really good first team then players who just arent good enough.

Anyway, 4 points off these is a good result.

Onwards and upwards.

The stats were all firmly for Leicester. They bossed it. We can't do that to sides, not yet anyway, that are in the top half of the table. We're a bit behind them.
Dont agree mate , our 1st eleven beat them any day.
But we have a buffoon in goal that gifted them a goal.
Lets face it they where never scoring tonight other than that.

I think this match gave us a reminder of last years midfield. We need Allan and Doncoure as they make a massive difference, then we need to strengthen the squad to cover when these are out.

Squad depth is a problem with a really good first team then players who just arent good enough.

Anyway, 4 points off these is a good result.

Onwards and upwards.

Really do need a top right back and super centre mid...different team then.

Also another forward...

Lets hope we get them in the summer ;)

Dont agree mate , our 1st eleven beat them any day.
But we have a buffoon in goal that gifted them a goal.
Lets face it they where never scoring tonight other than that.

If we had 2 or 3 top centre mids we'd be in or around top 4 this season.

Pity Doucoure and Allan were missing for this game as we'd be in the top 4 now

If we keep a solid defence then with our centre mids back and luck with injuries we'll be right up there.

Pickford 3 poor judgements within 2 mins gave them the goal- Gomes and Davies in centre mid no pace so we were always on the back foot. Richie struggling, we know he´s got quality is it a mental thing? The 4 centrehalves great defending but lack of quality passing forward. Digne ok only coming back from injury but very poor.

The narrative is they murdered us. The reality is the didn’t muster what you would call a clear cut chance. We had 3 of the best chances in the last 10 minutes and Richarlison was in on goal only for a last ditch fantastic tackle by Castagne. We played too deep granted 2nd half but the end the 1st half they looked devoid of ideas. We should have been more assertive but I think we have got the foundations of a winning formula and results will breed more confidence and we are on a good run. Don’t forget this Leicester team have won 7 out of 9 away from home but only for Pickford a mistake I think we would have took the points.

Tonight is only a good result if we back it up with 3 points on Saturday. Follow it up with a lacklustre draw and forget about top 4. 3 points will keep us in a similar position them away at Leeds will be a massive opportunity to get to the positive couldn’t manage tonight

I'm disappointed in terms of we were leading and seemed fairly comfortable until our error prone goalkeeper made an error.

Given our midfield tonight I suppose it's a decent result. We've taken 4 points from a side supposedly so much better than us.

I think DCL must still be carrying a knock because he did very little, this is why we really need capable back up.

Our defence contained Leicester really well, I thought we were too defensive and they hemmed us in, though part of this was we had no out ball and constantly surrendered possession putting us under pressure again.

I could see the Pickford error coming. A few Hollywood saves were he put the ball back into dangerous area's and got away with it had him back to his Superman dives for the camera when the ball was going in the opposite direction. His back to back hat trick of errors gifted them a goal. Whether their performance deserved it or not he gifted Leicester their goal and point. I'm sick of him.

Other results put ours in a favourable light and I can see a few other side's dropping points when European fixtures start again. Hopefully we'll have additions to our squad to take advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.