Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the result that is the problem...

We all know/think Pickford has a clanger like that in him. Carlo must know it too. Sit on a 1-0 lead and invite the opposition on to you and you are just asking for something like that to happen. Play to your strengths and mitigate your weakenesses, and put players in a position to succeed, not to fail.

And we've got you for company!! ;)

Yeah, he's amde me look a right mug there hasn't he!! :eek: :D I'm a bit behind as well, so had literally just posted! :(

You feel stressed?!? :eek: :eek:

We drew and had both of our CM out, why look into to it anymore than that? Not every game is going to be perfect.

2 games in hand and 2 points off the top 4.

Disgusting performance at home to a rival, system wasnt working from 1st minute yet didnt make any changes until they had equalised. We cant keep getting lucky when lying deep.. distance between midfield and Dom was scanadalous and meant nothing stuck up top. Dont think the Digne LW project works, shouldve went with him at LB and put Godfrey to the right as Mason gives us absolutely nothing going forward. Iwobi shouldve started in front of him.
Bit harsh we just haven't got a good enough back up. Midfield. They can't keep possession. Makes it difficult to win enough of the ball and maintain pressure. That will change with new faces I hope.

Result is fine in the end. Leicester are a great team and their midfield today was on another planet than ours with Allan and Doucs out. We very clearly need a solution for when Allan is hurt. We also need Richarlision to stop playing like absolute dog turd. Next game put push Digne back to LB and get Iwobi back in - we missed him today in the middle of the field. Maybe try Godfrey at RB over Holgate, he's outplaying him at the moment. Smash Newcastle in a few days we will be looking gold.

7 points from Leicester, Newcastle and Leeds would have been dreamland for me before a ball is kicked. If we hold our nerve and do the business in our next 2 games, this becomes a very good point. Disappointed not to nick it at the end but probably would have taken the draw before a ball was kicked

thing is how many clear cut chances did you make? All the ball but had we not a cocky arrogant dinosaur armed midget in goal we somehow would have won. He’ll we even had the best chances to win it at the end.

I felt as though you could visibly see the loss of Vardy in that game as well. Not just for his obvious ability but his sheer presence encourages you to be direct and be a threat on the counter. Didn’t seem to have that spark on the break?? Defensively as well our back four were excellent which made it even harder.

Easy said, as you’re missing Vardy and we’re missing both our first choice midfielders. But if Vardy plays tonight against that Everton team is a Leicester win all day long for me. He’s have just found a way to nick a goal.

Massive opportunity missed for us unfortunately but isn’t the top 5 looking mightily refreshing this season.
Yeah I said before the game how big of a miss he would be no matter what kind of goal scoring form he's in.

But yeah the league is so bunched up that it's a decent point for us both realistically. Also keeps us both in good form

Status
Not open for further replies.