Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with a point in the end despite both Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gomes failing to capitalise on their late opportunities. We've taken four points from a top-six rival overall, so not too bad really.

Was going to give Tom Davies MotM since he had a decent game, but decide to go with Michael Keane instead. Thought the lad was solid once again.

Perspective from some needed in here, yes shocker from pickford but has been in better form of late. A few key players out, they are higher intensity play, weathered a a first 20 minutes, came out on on top 1st half.

2nd half they pegged us back but apart from the error defended well, yes no out ball and needed an outlet badly, last 5 could have won it.

We go again!

Those calling out Carlo need to get a grip.

Not sure what's going on with Richarlison but his work rate is not at fault, covers huge areas of the pitch.

Toffee Forever

Wudda got us the three points if it wasn't for Pickf
By sitting back we're allowing the opposition to exploit our weak handed keeper. Our chances and territory after they scored showed we could have put the game to bed and pickford's error wouldnt have mattered. It's a negative gameplan which has ultimately cost us, along with a dodgy keeper.

According to Talk Sport he was our best player in the 2nd half
And that tells you all you need to know about Talksport...

Slowest player in the world (joint with James), let's players go past him every time, at least 3 times in tonight's game. When he does tackle, you know it's going to be a stupid foul.

I really think he's the weakest link we've got. Davies is outplaying him at the moment, and I don't rate him at all.

Seems churlish to even think abot criticisng a world class manaer but the one person on the benchj who could have changed that second half was Iwobi and Carlo left it far too late bringin him on....Iwobi could have relieved a lot of the pressure because for all the problems he has with the crossed ball he at least will run with the ball and has the pace and skill to put opposing players on the back foot

IMG_20210127_221902.jpg

Didn't feel as close as that.

Not quite sure why the commentators were drooling over Leicester in the 2nd Half.
We sat back and were containing them comfortably until that Pickford mistake.
We could have played all night and Leicester would never have scored but for Pickford.
I can’t see how you can really say that they were getting closer and closer before that. I don’t think we would have held out. We’re not that good yet.

Could have been 3 points / should have been 0 .... I’ll take the draw. Poor performance by the players / coaching staff , Pickford howler , no CM .... a point and a few other favourable results today .... need a MUCH better showing and 3 points v Barcodes.

Players worked their asses off....coaching staff had us very well organised, and the defence did everything asked of them...was always gonna be tough without both Allan and doucoure in midfield...

But for a daft error by the clown, we would have 3 points against a very good team, and be sitting in the top 4..

We're gonna have games like that to be honest, we aren't the finished article by any stretch of the imagination.

I mean United have just been beaten at home to Sheff Utd.. shiz happens.
Spot on, disappointed but it's still part of the learning curve.
We are going to have setbacks ( pickford )along the way.
Carlo sees, Carlo knows.

Feel a bit conflicted. At half time I didn't see us coming back into it but disappointed not to win in the end. Just not clinical enough

thing is how many clear cut chances did you make? All the ball but had we not a cocky arrogant dinosaur armed midget in goal we somehow would have won. He’ll we even had the best chances to win it at the end.

I felt as though you could visibly see the loss of Vardy in that game as well. Not just for his obvious ability but his sheer presence encourages you to be direct and be a threat on the counter. Didn’t seem to have that spark on the break?? Defensively as well our back four were excellent which made it even harder.

Easy said, as you’re missing Vardy and we’re missing both our first choice midfielders. But if Vardy plays tonight against that Everton team is a Leicester win all day long for me. He’s have just found a way to nick a goal.

Massive opportunity missed for us unfortunately but isn’t the top 5 looking mightily refreshing this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.