Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big call from Dyche that team. It can get a result but has some flaws as proved on Monday. Let's hope his mantra of minimum effort etc hits home
some of them players should have been dropped after Monday

Coady to me is an old school 'pro's pro'.

Certain kinds of managers, specifically British ones, absolutely love him.

But analysts and people who work with data don't rate him at all. But data can't track 'intangibles'.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle but he doesn't deserve to be in the side atm and there's a better option for this game in Mina.
Mina betters Coady in every area. It's just a shame he's Mr Glass.

No attacking options on the bench apart from Gray which is very worrying indeed.

We are relying on one of the CBs to score from a set-piece. Desperate stuff.

The lack of activity in the transfer window is killing us.

Gray should be playing but I do see why Dyche is wary of starting him, because he doesn't work particularly hard off the ball. I think he should be behind the forward and Gueye should be dropped.
I'll defend Gueye here because he was probably our best player against Liverpool, not that it was hard, and was brilliant v Arsenal.

I do think we need to keep that midfield three in place to get consistency.

I just don’t see how we’re going to score. Surely if you’re Leeds you’d rather be playing Maupay than Gray. Also can’t believe Godfrey isn’t in the back 4 somewhere given how pedestrian our back line is.

We need to find a way to win.

If you look at the next two rounds of games if results go in our favour we can be in a more comfortable position and use that momentum.

I struggle to see were our goals will come from though.

Status
Not open for further replies.