Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Price, Mills could easily be on the bench, I'd even put Okonronkwo on atm just to freshen up how stale it looks.

I honestly hope Dyche doesn't fall into the same trap and putting all his trust in the same of non performing players.

Absolute pressure game today.

These manager's must see something we don't. We know which of these players are up to it and which should just be sidelined but they're always given the benefit of the doubt. You'd think we'd only been rubbish for 5 minutes not 5 years.

Can't wait for the day 1 up top is binned, I much prefer a decent partnership who can feed off each other rather than the striker constantly with his back to goal and no support from midfield.

He needs to find a way for the midfield to be more productive. Drop a mid and put Simms on with Maupay for me.

Douces will playing off Maupes

I haven't rated the player at any point this season, wasn't in favour of the signing either. He isn't a good defender, and everything he does is reactive. You can't sustain possession or attacks when you defend so much on the back foot.
Coady to me is an old school 'pro's pro'.

Certain kinds of managers, specifically British ones, absolutely love him.

But analysts and people who work with data don't rate him at all. But data can't track 'intangibles'.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle but he doesn't deserve to be in the side atm and there's a better option for this game in Mina.

If they are not then we are in deep S...
The proof will be in the pudding. However, I always feel that the 'use the youth option' is an easy and totally understandable remark, but it's naive.

We all want them to succeed, so I genuinely hope I am wrong, but the manager, coaches and academy staff will be watching these players on a regular basis.

If they were ready or could realistically do the job, why wouldn't they play them? What would be the reasoning behind persevering with just one striker?

On the balance of probability, the most likely reason is they aren't at or close to a PL standard, yet. Therefore, playing them isn't in their or our interest.

For example, I really want Simms to succeed (we need him to do so) and playing on Monday with how we performed won't have helped, but it didn't look great.

Maybe, he simply isn't ready. If he ever will be, that's the million dollar question.

What's concerning is Leeds are faster than the other lot , & our fullbacks are the weak link if we don't put a performance in v Arsenal plus we are without DCL ...Maupay is not a target man either COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.