Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpools midfield isnt skilled yet they win all the time as those 3 in the middle cover the defence and let the front 3 and full backs do the rest.

A big part of the issues with our defence is carrying James defensively (and Gomes/Siggurdsson if they are also on the pitch).

Godfrey and Allan told just to shield the back 4 whilst Doucoure pushes forward and covers the space James leaves behind will make us less effective going forward at times but we'll concede a lot less imo especially if Mina comes out the side.

Godfrey losing the ball or giving the ball away would negate whatever we gained defensively. It would be a disaster.

I know we are everton that

But we've won 5, tied 1, lost 3 without our 2 best players. .james really was not playing those 2 games.

But here everyone expects us to get hammered every match.
Oh no. My poor lad. What have we done to you. 9 games in and you’ve adopted ‘Everton that’ We have stolen your innocents. :’(

Oh no. My poor lad. What have we done to you. 9 games in and you’ve adopted ‘Everton that’ We have stolen your innocents. :’(

Lol I don't believe it.

I'm just repeating what people say.

Just saying we've won or tied all our games where we were fit but here people think we will get hammered every game no matter the opponent

Godfrey losing the ball or giving the ball away would negate whatever we gained defensively. It would be a disaster.

Godfrey can play in midfield you know mate?

Norwich fans reckon that will be his eventual position.

Im not not advocating this long term like but until we can get to January or get Gbamin fit we have to try something new as we cant keep conceeding 2 goals a game on average.

Both Palace and Leicester put 4 past these. Sort out defence and attitude this week and we'll be too strong for them up front

Godfrey can play in midfield you know mate?

Norwich fans reckon that will be his eventual position.

Im not not advocating this long term like but until we can get to January or get Gbamin fit we have to try something new as we cant keep conceeding 2 goals a game on average.
Yup, but lot of these goals came as total disastorous defending by CB than team defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.