Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There'll be goals. Got huge concerns about our general fitness/stamina so hopefully we can get in the lead and control the game.... better than today.

So Everton's mission is to win the next three games... regardless of Mina low level, James' defence flaws and the lack of another player like Allan?

If Coleman is still out.

Pickford

Godfrey Keane Holgate

Iwobi Doucouré Allan Digne

James

Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Subs: Mina, Tosun, Bernard, Gomes, Gordon, Davies, Olsen.

There'll be goals. Got huge concerns about our general fitness/stamina so hopefully we can get in the lead and control the game.... better than today.
Said the other week that I'm really surprised at our fitness levels. Carlo brought 2 fitness coaches with him from Napoli and they said their mantra was that players had to have the same energy at 88 mins as at the 1st minute. We have looked knackered at half time in the last few games so not sure what is going on at Finch farm but they need to sort it soon as.

I'd stick with the same team apart from the obvious swap of Holgate for Mina. And maybe Coleman for Godfrey. It looked like a good system for most of the first half yesterday, and that was with only a couple of days to work on it. Hopefully they can really hone it in training this week.

Said the other week that I'm really surprised at our fitness levels. Carlo brought 2 fitness coaches with him from Napoli and they said their mantra was that players had to have the same energy at 88 mins as at the 1st minute. We have looked knackered at half time in the last few games so not sure what is going on at Finch farm but they need to sort it soon as.

Perhaps fixture congestion, suspensions, injuries, international matches and an average bench mean we have not been able to rotate as much as other teams, the players are just knackered?

I dunno, just a thought

Perhaps fixture congestion, suspensions, injuries, international matches and an average bench mean we have not been able to rotate as much as other teams, the players are just knackered?

I dunno, just a thought
Not sure about fixture congestion as we are only playing once a week ATM. According to the BBC yesterday we had a great bench(obviously don't watch them bench players much). The others maybe but I'd think most clubs lose players to internationals,. Injuries etc. At the moment our fitness levels are very poor

Not sure about fixture congestion as we are only playing once a week ATM. According to the BBC yesterday we had a great bench(obviously don't watch them bench players much). The others maybe but I'd think most clubs lose players to internationals,. Injuries etc. At the moment our fitness levels are very poor
Yep, I agree in general, just looking for excuses really.

Status
Not open for further replies.