Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect our first clean sheet since the opening day of the season here. Arsenal with 10 men for a whole half of football who are notoriously terrible defensively, held them at arms length fairly comfortably and kept them out.

Reactions: JLW
Honestly think they will play right into our hands.
FFS We should not be fearing Leeds at all, with the space they will give Richarlison and dare I say it Iwobi, with their fullbacks so high up the pitch we will tear them a new one.

Embarrassing reading people on here talking about these as if they’re some top side. The name Leeds scares them due to our record against them in years gone by, mainly at Elland Road. In their last 3 games they’ve looked shocking.

I would expect our first clean sheet since the opening day of the season here. Arsenal with 10 men for a whole half of football who are notoriously terrible defensively, held them at arms length fairly comfortably and kept them out.

I don't know about that mate, Fulham put two past us with ease yesterday, as have a few other teams at the wrong end of the table. Against Arsenal Leeds hit the woodwork three times, they created a load of chances and could have had five yesterday if they had been more clinical in front of goal. The only way we get a clean sheet is if they fluff their chances like yesterday because like Arsenal we are terrible defensively. The saving grace is that we've got plenty of goals in us. We'll beat them 3-1.

Embarrassing reading people on here talking about these as if they’re some top side. The name Leeds scares them due to our record against them in years gone by, mainly at Elland Road. In their last 3 games they’ve looked shocking.
I’m expecting us to win this quite comfortable by at least 2 goals and we get that long awaited clean sheet.

Honestly think they will play right into our hands.
FFS We should not be fearing Leeds at all, with the space they will give Richarlison and dare I say it Iwobi, with their fullbacks so high up the pitch we will tear them a new one.

We shouldn't be fearing them (they are another case of the media hyping a team up) and I reckon we'll beat them 3-1, the thing we should be fearing though is ourselves defensively.

We shouldn't be fearing them (it's another case of the media hyping a team up) and I reckon we'll beat them 3-1, the thing we should be fearing though is ourselves defensively.

This. People on here are actually blowing Leeds United up as if they’re a good side and cracking one out over them though. Saying the likes of Jack Harrison and Patrick Bamford will “rip us apart”. We can only defeat ourselves in this fixture.

With the exception of the first half yesterday we too have looked shocking in the last five games.

We shouldn't be fearing them (it's another case of the media hyping a team up) and I reckon we'll beat them 3-1, the thing we should be fearing though is ourselves defensively.
The defence has been unsettled almost since the start of the season, we’ve had Coleman in and out through injury, Digne suspended, Holgate injured, Pickford brain farting on a weekly basis.
It will sort itself out soon and I expect us to start tightening up at the back starting this weekend.

They’re 14th in the league and have won 1 in 5 in the league.

They aren't great & personally I have backed them to go down at a big price, I think they will fall off a cliff once the two games a week kicks in.

My concern is their strength is our biggest weakness, they can swarm a midfield and we saw yesterday when Fulham did a bit of that they had spells where the ran the match. We dont have the legs in there & I think this could be a game James might be better impacting off the bench.

They’re 14th in the league and have won 1 in 5 in the league.

They aren't great & personally I have backed them to go down at a big price, I think they will fall off a cliff once the two games a week kicks in.

My concern is their strength is our biggest weakness, they can swarm a midfield and we saw yesterday when Fulham did a bit of that they had spells where the ran the match. We dont have the legs in there & I think this could be a game James might be better impacting off the bench.

With the exception of the first half yesterday we too have looked shocking in the last five games.

Yes, but that’s not a reason to be afraid of Leeds United is it? We are capable of losing, of course, but we shouldn’t lose this game. The way people carry on it’s as if we’re underdogs going into a game against one of the top 6.

Yes, but that’s not a reason to be afraid of Leeds United is it? We are capable of losing, of course, but we shouldn’t lose this game. The way people carry on it’s as if we’re underdogs going into a game against one of the top 6.
Point well made. Watching them against arsenal, they have a lot of pace and are decent at one touch passing and moving the ball at speed (a poor man's RS). Bamford missed a number of chances yesterday and they should really have put arsenal (who were poor) to the sword. We will need all eleven on their A game and concentrating for 90 mins (which means no Mina) to get three points.

Assuming we do pick up 3 points, we should take the momentum to a dreadful burnley to make it 9 out of 9 winnable points. Puts us back on the edge of top 4 coming into that tough Dec run. But this next tie is no pushover.

Would like to see us return to a 4-3-3 and field the same side that did us so well in the opening run of games. However I am leaning more and more towards a search for a clean sheet combo so would go for an experimental:

Olsen
Coleman-Godfrey-Keane-Digne
Doucz-Allan-Gomes
Jameth-DCL-Richy​

Should be a good game. Leeds play pretty fearless football and worry about themselves rather than the opponent. Which I think will play right into our hands. Lots of space for James and Richy behind the fullbacks. On the other hand they love to press which could expose our pretty frail defence.

4-2 Everton somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.