Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are pretty bad in general but defensively we are much much worse. Allan covers a lot of sins at the mo. Keane and Mina are shocking.

If we play like we did second half they'll get three or four IMO.

I mean, they haven’t scored a single goal today against the worst Arsenal side for about 50 years that have had 10 men for the entire second half. But yeah I’m terrified of them.

Yeah with a lethal Bamford leading the line....All these Bielsa stooges think he's great coz he crouches down on the touch line sniffing his own farts.

Nothing do do with Bielsa, its the style. They press everywhere, play a lot of 1 touch football with movement and pace, yet I probably couldnt name you 3 or 4 of their players as they arnt household names. They do just lack that top striker.

We cant cope with that type of football but id love a style like that at Everton

25 shots and hit the woodwork 3 times v arsenal drawing a blank, you just know they'll score a jammy deflection v us with their first shot on goal.

Nothing do do with Bielsa, its the style. They press everywhere, play a lot of 1 touch football with movement and pace, yet I probably couldnt name you 3 or 4 of their players as they arnt household names. They do just lack that top striker.

We cant cope with that type of football but id love a style like that at Everton

Did absolutely none of that today. Looked like absolute cloggers.

People are surprised some fans aren't confident when we've just come back from 3 losses on the run and 1 good half and 1 diabolical half against Fulham of all teams.
If we play like we did in the first half we'd clean most teams in the league up.

Godfrey is nowhere near skilled enough to play in the midfield. That would be a disaster

Liverpools midfield isnt skilled yet they win all the time as those 3 in the middle cover the defence and let the front 3 and full backs do the rest.

A big part of the issues with our defence is carrying James defensively (and Gomes/Siggurdsson if they are also on the pitch).

Godfrey and Allan told just to shield the back 4 whilst Doucoure pushes forward and covers the space James leaves behind will make us less effective going forward at times but we'll concede a lot less imo especially if Mina comes out the side.

If we actually turn up then we will win this game because we are a better team in every area of the pitch. Only we can beat ourselves next week. We cannot be running scared of these absolute Championship cart horses.
we've conceded 2 or more goals 6 games in a row, Not sure how you can feel this confident.

There fitness is boss the leeds firm ... we need to stop tiring like today second half or they will punish us

i don't think there defence is upto much

Seen nothing then that scared me.

Status
Not open for further replies.