Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never accept an Everton team who can be so badly outran and outfought

Until that changes nothing will change. If players don't want to leave everything on the field then they can leave.
Fitness has been an issue with every Ancelotti side in the last decade

it needs sorting. These lot aren’t good enough to be able to play at 60%

We were never going to have a grip in this game if we didn’t get about Phillips

but we aren’t fit - that much is clear

We were gone after 40 mins v Fulham and same again today
Maybe but we also look imbalanced in this formation and with Davies and Iwobi there. Who is our fitness coach?(does google)

He’s feeding on scraps, 30 yards ahead of the play

if he gets any of the chances that fell our way he’d have probably scored
Not denying that one bit. All I'm saying is today he could have come back inside on at least 2 occasions, either giving himself a better chance to score or find someone who was in a better position than himself. But he rushed it. Got slow his mind down in those situations. That's what the great strikers do.

Think that was Richarlison’s worst performance for us. Coming off the back of a stupid three game suspension of his own making, it hints something is wrong there.
No it doesn’t, at all
Our manager made crap decisions and we are unfit

the only reason that suspension impacted us was because our DoF / transfer strategy borders on negligence

The RS when I was reading the rawk thread after the derby where predicting our downfall. Not one of them actually predicted it this bad. Even the ones that where clearly over doing it.but not one said one win out of the next 5.

We out do ourselves don't we?
Could have won 3 or 4 nil.
Could have lost 3 or 4 nil
Could have drew 5 - 5.

Really good game of football , but its a poor result for us.

Too many passengers in our side today but still could have beat a very good Leeds side.

MOM Allan super performance.
they absolutely walloped Arsenal out of it last week should have been 5 nil and never a chance of the score been the other way. Arsenal were abysmal. Still got a point. We could have well beat them. In the net twice.

you would just shrug your shoulders if it wasn’t the 4 loses out of 5.

We will off course find form when all hope of finishing anywhere is completely lost.

How we didn't score tonight God only knows, both teams were creating chances and were very open at the back. It resembled a cup tie at times but the fact the Leeds keeper was the man of the match tells you we were unlucky not to get at least a point.

I agree.
On Carlo.
It is but again reflects how paper thin our squad is if he does not trust either back up full back. It was the same with Richy out we have very little squad depth without that we will be inconsistent maybe that is also a fitness issue but they are both certainly issues.

with regard to the massive elephant in the room that is impacting the team (i.e the epidemic of homesickness ravaging our players), my lad has just proposed that instead of the FF cafeteria concentrating their culinary efforts toward an all day 'Full English' . they might offer a lighter 'Continental' option. Grasping at straws perhaps, but I praised his lateral problem solving initiative. Sometimes a full stomach of bacon, sausages, eggs , beans and lots of buttery toast might not lend energetic 'tail-wind' on the footie field. Our players do look a little 'stodgy' on the pitch and I am thinking a dietary tweaking might ameliorate some of that. Perhaps someone like Jamie Oliver or Pierre White might be invited to the cafeteria to have a look at things. I do not think Gordon Ramsay would be a good option as he would probably be rude to our brave lion hearts and tell them quite bluntly that they are a bunch of underfit, over fed inveterate losers...and some of our dimmer players might think he is calling them insects...and 'down tools' as a result.
So it's a delicate problem we have....a machete approach or the scalpel?
I do not have the answers, but I do believe that open and candid discussions about the malaise afflicting EFC need to be had.

NSNO

with regard to the massive elephant in the room that is impacting the team (i.e the epidemic of homesickness ravaging our players), my lad has just proposed that instead of the FF cafeteria concentrating their culinary efforts toward an all day 'Full English' . they might offer a lighter 'Continental' option. Grasping at straws perhaps, but I praised his lateral problem solving initiative. Sometimes a full stomach of bacon, sausages, eggs , beans and lots of buttery toast might not lend energetic 'tail-wind' on the footie field. Our players do look a little 'stodgy' on the pitch and I am thinking a dietary tweaking might ameliorate some of that. Perhaps someone like Jamie Oliver or Pierre White might be invited to the cafeteria to have a look at things. I do not think Gordon Ramsay would be a good option as he would probably be rude to our brave lion hearts and tell them quite bluntly that they are a bunch of underfit, over fed inveterate losers...and some of our dimmer players might think he is calling them insects...and 'down tools' as a result.
So it's a delicate problem we have....a machete approach or the scalpel?
I do not have the answers, but I do believe that open and candid discussions about the malaise afflicting EFC need to be had.

NSNO
You’re so odd

Was just reading this “The major thinking behind our method is essential to a team playing out Ancelotti’s ideas, whether that team be Napoli, Bayern or Real Madrid. They will always have more or less the same approach to the game. That is to run less than their opponents over the total distance of a match, 80% of the time. At Napoli that 80% has become 70 or 65%, so even less than at Bayern or Real. But as far as high-intensity and very-high intensity running goes, this Napoli team is one that sprints more than the opponent 80% of the time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.