Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane was still the best of the 3 by some margin.

We just can't defend properly no matter who we pick. I dunno what managers or coaches can do where players make elementary mistakes every week like fluffing a clearance or not trying to close down.

I think he’s done well this season but at times he plays with no awareness

that block he made in the build up to the Klich chance was worse than the Mina one v Liverpool which led to Salah’s goal

Keane was still the best of the 3 by some margin.

We just can't defend properly no matter who we pick. I dunno what managers or coaches can do where players make elementary mistakes every week like fluffing a clearance or not trying to close down.

we can’t defend because the midfield is getting massively over run and there is no commanding voice to pass runners on or dictate who to pick up

James is fine playing as part of a front 3 or as a number 10. Just need some proper steel in behind him. Allan is great, just need to add someone else in there. Doucoure not doing it for me atm.
Doesn't seem to know his role, caught in no man's land, at least he has been arriving into the box in recent games.Doucoure im talking about here.James is a luxury that we just have to accept won't be tracking back every time we lose the ball.

I'm still 100% on the players back for this. So many passengers again today. They don't understand whats expected here and I will continue to question their commitment after watching them be ran ragged by a far hungrier team.

Of course Leeds are a fit and athletic team but why aren't we? That's the minimum I exoext.

but come on mate

he didn’t pick either of our fit full-backs in the squad. He played Davies for no reason out wide and Iwobi on the left at wing-back - mental

his changes - he didn’t switch the system which was what was needed, just shifted Doucoure wide

we are knackered in every game after 40 minutes

yes, the players are drivel but we have one player missing from our starting XI atm - Digne - and we’ve fallen apart again

he needs to be better mate, much better

Well we werent.
Leeds where blowing for tugs after 70 - 75 mins and with all the chances from both sides not taken they fortunately take the lead .

2 goals ruled offside ( 1 wrong imo ) and their keeper MOM.
More shots on target than any other game this season for us.

We were always in the game mate.
Yes We were always in the game, due to poor finishing, good goalkeeping by both sides. We didn’t deserve to win it and they’re not a great side. Wish our players could put as much work into every game the way seem to.

As regards our poor performances, I think a consideration impacting this, one we should not underestimate, is the ravages that homesickness is inflicting on the team.
We first saw it with Snail Keane, then Wisdom Lookman, and now Crab Iwobi, Xmas Mina, Dirty Rodrigues, have all succumbed. Even the manager looks homesick. And look at how Disinclined Kean’s game has changed since leaving us...no longer homesick you see.
What’s the answer? I genuinely do not know. My real expertise on the subject stems from my camping trip with Ross Pottinger. I tried a hard edged approach back then and simply told Potty to stop being a sissy. I am unsure whether you would be allowed to call someone that anymore as I believe there is a sector within the LGBTV community that like to dress up as women, be dominated by men or women...and are termed ‘sissies’.
I imagine they might take umbrage if we called a blubbering homesick footie player a sissy. ...hmmmm....I wonder if perhaps homesickness might be the reason blokes dress up as women???...
...whatever, it’s a rum do!!

We weren’t great in the first half but going forward we threatened - as shown by the goals which unfortunately didn’t count.

we had nothing in the second half because the players aren’t fit

that’s on the management

we can’t defend because the midfield is getting massively over run and there is no commanding voice to pass runners on or dictate who to pick up

Yeah thats part of it but our defenders are not good enough either.

Godfrey I have no idea who scouted him.

Holgate is coming back from injury and does have a mistake in him

Mina had chances and didn't perform

Keane has been playing quite well but lacks pace

Basically I dont know what I'd do but I'd not play 3 of them.

We weren’t great in the first half but going forward we threatened - as shown by the goals which unfortunately didn’t count.

we had nothing in the second half because the players aren’t fit

that’s on the management
Not sure about fitness but we had no grip on that midfield throughout the game and it was obviously going to cost us eventually. I was shocked Carlo didn't change the system.

I think he’s done well this season but at times he plays with no awareness

that block he made in the build up to the Klich chance was worse than the Mina one v Liverpool which led to Salah’s goal
Holgate seemingly unable to get a ball out of the box presented them with chances too.

Though they had a lot of shots most were off target. A very weird silver lining is that we only conceded one today instead of our statistical average of 2...

We can’t defend, so just attack

Find a good attacking system rather than crap short passing at the back to try and beat the press

there is a serious lack of coaching going on

Not sure about fitness but we had no grip on that midfield throughout the game and it was obviously going to cost us eventually. I was shocked Carlo didn't change the system.
We were never going to have a grip in this game if we didn’t get about Phillips

but we aren’t fit - that much is clear

We were gone after 40 mins v Fulham and same again today

Status
Not open for further replies.