Everton v Huddersfield Town - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible that Niase once again embarrasses the rest of them by showing an ounce of passion and drive. I never want to see Gana, Schneidelin nor Davies start as a pair again; time and time again they won't go forward or make a forward pass. Useless and gutless. It was Huddersfield not Barca we were playing.

No disguising it's a poor start to the season really. Just squeezed past Southampton, bottled it against Bournemouth and now this. Hopefully new players can bring some life to us cause at the moment we are mid table bound. Again.

1535817641800.png

Pickford (6): Wasn’t at fault for the goal, distribution was hot and cold again. Average game.
Coleman (5): Looks like a £60,000 signing from Ireland.
Holgate (7): Positioned himself well, but struggled physically. His passing game was horrendous throughout.
Zouma (8): My man of the match. Played well. Looked calm, and composed. Physically superior to anyone else in our team.
Digne (7.5): Looks quite a player, but was constrained by the lack of passing options going forward.
Davies (4): Turgid.
Schneiderlin (6): Average performance. Doesn’t track back enough for me, and offers little going forward.
Walcott (6): Average.
Sigurdsson (3): Awful.
Calvert-Lewin (5): He scored, but should have had a few. Not a winger.
Tosun (4): Worked hard, but did nothing else.

Lookman (4): Looked disinterested.
Baines (NA): Past it.
Niasse (6): Pain the arse, did more going forward than Tosun did all game.
Holgate was absolutely terrible second half. Lots of giveaways and lucky that he didn't give up anything the way Mounie bullied him. Schneiderlin actually covered well I thought but he doesn't move the ball forward enough to be our "passing" midfielder. Davies is a squad player at best. Lookman doesn't know what he's doing because he hasn't trained all summer. Whether he was actually hurt or not it doesn't matter he has no continuity with the team. DCL might be worth a go starting up top. He's scoring goals now but you're right he should never ever play on the wing again.

Another point, 6 now in total only 34 more for safety, 34 more games, perhaps we will draw them all!

Only one shot on target is not good enough at home, I think after we swapped Sigurdsson for Niasse we lost our shape and were actually worse overall, though I appreciate we had to do something because it hadn’t been great up to that point. Hope for better in the next game at home to West Ham as they have lost all their games so far, but perhaps that is a bit much to ask.

Digne looked Ok, but was exhausted when subbed for Baines. DCL was probably one of the few bright sparks today

Status
Not open for further replies.