Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There needs to be an enormous clear out but I doubt the club will back the manager and allow him to do it.
Maybe not, but as you say it needs doing, and it isn’t easy to get rid of players who will not move, until their contract is up, because of the fabulous, ridiculous wages they are on.

And cant still cant achieve league finishes of previous managers

Ancelotti joined us last season, with 18 games already played.
Right now we are 7th with 2 games in hand, and 16 games to play.

Before judging Carlo Ancelotti's league finishes, maybe it's best to let him actually complete a full season with us first. His win ratio with us is still higher than any of the managers mentioned, and if he keeps that up, we will finish higher.

I'm still livid about it.

Everything seemed wrong straight from the off, and the players and possibly management collectively seemed to sleep-walk through the game, unable to change anything.

In the context of the relatively modest expectation that had built-up, it was amongst one of the worst performances I have seen in many years. I thought it was that bad.

What on earth was wrong with them out there? They looked like they all had a sedative administered before kick-off. Fatigue doesn't go near to explaining that let-down.

The worst thing was that it was abundantly clear after 10 minutes how the remaining 80 were going to pan out, yet we seemed completely helpless.

I'm still livid about it.

Everything seemed wrong straight from the off, and the players and possibly management collectively seemed to sleep-walk through the game, unable to change anything.

In the context of the relatively modest expectation that had built-up, it was amongst one of the worst performances I have seen in many years. I thought it was that bad.

What on earth was wrong with them out there? They looked like they all had a sedative administered before kick-off. Fatigue doesn't go near to explaining that let-down.

The worst thing was that it was abundantly clear after 10 minutes how the remaining 80 were going to pan out, yet we seemed completely helpless.

The fact you're still livid, days on sort of made me laugh, I'm sorry to say mate! It was a horror show really wasn't it?

I keep saying, I'm a big Ancelotti fan and I'm not in faour of any discussion on his future. We need continuity. However you really hope now he learns his lessons about Digne/Coleman as fullbacks against poorer teams at home, especially with that midfield. I can't believe we repeated the same mistake we made against Newcastle, which looked to me like we were under estimating our opponents.

You really can't get complacent with this group of players. They will throw you under the bus time and again. You can't set them out with the thought you're going to blitz a team 5-0. They just won't do it.

I'm an Everton fan mate.

I've just glanced at your posts and I can see you post stuff like this before Leeds;

... Which is fair enough that's your opinion but maybe when we do then win you could say well done?

Yesterday made my eyes bleed, as did Newcastle and West Ham.

But I think it's over the top to say he plays negative, boring football. We've been really open, perhaps too open at times;

View attachment 117984

... I just think the mentality/application of the side is lacking.

Everton players didn't fancy it yesterday, and it annoys me a bit when we let them off the hook by putting managers infront of them.
See post after post blaming Ancelotti While the usual suspects come off the pitch with clean shorts.

Less than 24 hours voting time left as this poll closes at 8.57pm UK time Wednesday... just as we score (again) to lead City 3-0 ;);)

Reactions: kev
Just enjoyed another Talking The Blues very upset was AndyC. I think Fulham did what Newcastle did which means we're far too easy to read and play against. We didn't learn from the Newcastle game. It's time for the excuses to stop yes teams are better away at the moment, but we can no longer justify switching off as regularly and alarmingly as this. Christ's sake we've had nearly a year of behind closed doors they're professions playing at home the effort should be effortless the players should be fighting against Fulham every bit as they did against Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.