Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly sure James is a culprit in those lineups though. Honestly way too static.

Everyone knows that about him though, his quality on the ball is a mile above the rest though so if he play's you surround him with energy and willing off the ball runners, not the likes of Gylfi who started as the false 9 and ended up LM and 3 holding midfielders who don't impact the game in the final 3rd.

Half’s like that are why Richy has been so frustrating to watch, you look at other games where DCL has been the lone man and he goes darting everywhere looking for the ball, Richy hasn’t. All it needs is one simple tactical change, one of the midfield off, King on and move Richy and James wide
Richy is wide, wide left. gylfi is playing as a false 9. James on the right. We're just playing really badly. Not enough movement all over the pitch. Not enough forward passes. Not enough anything.

Andy Townsend laying into Everton on the premier league channel. He's just right.

Holds the ball up well. Keeps the centre half’s busy, gets fouls high up the pitch and is a constant out ball. Expect a different team to show in the second half. Not panicking yet.
Yes he does, he’s superb.
I‘d have had Richy out of the 3 of them in the CF position, ball into his feet always, he can turn a man and wins free kicks, but I’m not Carlo obviously.
I still fancy us, a goal will kill these, I’m sure something will be changed here

Screenshot_20210214-195608__01.jpg

Comes back to the quality of squad doesn't it?
Not good enough and not ready for say the challenges of European football.
Carlo needs another season to add recruits to improve and find better consistency.
Regardless how this finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.