Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think our best 11 is now : Pickford , Godfrey, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Mykolenko, Garner, Onana, Doucoure, Harrisson, DCL and McNeill.
These should start in every games unless injured or suspended.
That was basically the team that got us the run of great results earlier.
The whole of that midfield hasnt turned up for the past 5 games at home when playing 3 of the 4 lasst night should never have come out for the second half and the last one was the first subbed which was unbelievable

The whole of that midfield hasnt turned up for the past 5 games at home when playing 3 of the 4 lasst night should never have come out for the second half and the last one was the first subbed which was unbelievable
I think that Garner in particular is running on fumes now.
We have no alternatives , he plays every game and it is showing now.
Our entire season has involved four midfield players only Garner, Gana, Onana and Doucoure and that is almost unheard of now.

Our entire season has involved four midfield players only Garner, Gana, Onana and Doucoure and that is almost unheard of now.
We do have alternatives. For the 2 in the middle we are picking from Gana, Onana and Garner when all are fully fit. All have their merits, but Dyche has a bit (not much!) of flexibility there to rotate a bit on form and fitness

I dont know how or with whom but Dyche has to think of something outside the box same performance on Saturday from that midfield and we will be chasing shadows, i guess Oana will come straight in , if only wewe had brough Holgate back and played him central midfield🤣🤣

We do have alternatives. For the 2 in the middle we are picking from Gana, Onana and Garner when all are fully fit. All have their merits, but Dyche has a bit (not much!) of flexibility there to rotate a bit on form and fitness
Apart from the names I mentioned I can't think of other central midfielders.
Gomes perhaps if he wasn't continually injured.

I dont know how or with whom but Dyche has to think of something outside the box same performance on Saturday from that midfield and we will be chasing shadows, i guess Oana will come straight in , if only wewe had brough Holgate back and played him central midfield🤣🤣
Who would you play in midfield if you were Dyche ? I have listed the four that are involved in every game and clearly are tired , I wonder what extra players you can find when thinking outside of the box.

Who would you play in midfield if you were Dyche ? I have listed the four that are involved in every game and clearly are tired , I wonder what extra players you can find when thinking outside of the box.
Thats why i said i have no idea but thats what he is paid for to come up with something we play MCneil, Garner and Young Saturday from the start were screwed not sure if you drop Doucs deeper play Harrison behind DCL , start with Dobbin, go 5 at the back but hes got to try something as they all look knackered and chasing Brighton around the pitch wont help

We havent been playing badly really, just a lack of cutting edge in the final third. This performance was pretty grim but I'm hoping its a blip rather than the norm from now.

We dont have the individual creativity to break down a team that sit back as much as Palace did. We actually play better against better teams that come at us a bit more.

It seems like the only way we can score is w/ a corner or have the ball ping around in the box long enough for a very late arriving Doucore to get a decent shot off.