Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aye. We score a lot from corners, so all the more reason McNeill and to a lesser extent Harrison, and our full backs to bomb it more down the wings and whip in crosses, rather than playing it all the way back for Pickford or Tarky to lump it.

I agree with Dyche on the atmosphere. Yes, we have to expect the players and manager to do more but as supporters we defo need to find another level of supporting the team on the pitch, especially at home.

Goodison used to be known as a fortress. Players hated coming here however this season we have been done by Wolves, Luton, Fulham twice, Palace held us to a draw. We have to find something which makes us the 12th man. What that is I don’t know but all I do know is that we have to find it soon!

We have the banners and stuff which is great but as soon as the match is off the banners get rolled up. We need to find a way of supporting rather than boo’ing or complaining about every sloppy pass. I didn’t go the other night but I said to my misses the place feeling like a pressure cooker. I just don’t know what the answer is. I actually think that bus welcoming atmosphere could be the one. Everyone against Forest, Sheff, Burnley especially at home needs to get outside the ground with flares flags beers again and get the place bouncing.

@AndyC Can you confirm out of the 20 odd .matches played so far, does Tarkowski have about 48 of those man of the match awards? Has a striker/winger won a man of the match award yet?
So far this season, Man of the Match polls have been won by...
Alex Iwobi - 1
Arnaut Danjuma - 1
Jarrad Branthwaite - 4
Beto - 2
Abdoulaye Doucoure - 1
James Garner - 3
Amadou Onana - 2
Vitalii Mykolenko - 7
Dwight McNeil - 1
Andre Gomes - 1
Michael Keane - 1
Nathan Patterson - 1
Joao Virginia - 2
Ben Godfrey - 1
Idrissa Gana Gueye - 1
James Tarkowski - 1 and currently leading the vote for Monday vs Palace

Alex Iwobi - 1
Arnaut Danjuma - 1
Jarrad Branthwaite - 4
Beto - 2
Abdoulaye Doucoure - 1
James Garner - 3
Amadou Onana - 2
Vitalii Mykolenko - 7
Dwight McNeil - 1
Andre Gomes - 1
Michael Keane - 1
Nathan Patterson - 1
Joao Virginia - 2
Ben Godfrey - 1
Idrissa Gana Gueye - 1

Cheers mate. Forgot Mykolenko went on a mental man of the match run!

Alex Iwobi - 1
Arnaut Danjuma - 1
Jarrad Branthwaite - 4
Beto - 2
Abdoulaye Doucoure - 1
James Garner - 3
Amadou Onana - 2
Vitalii Mykolenko - 7
Dwight McNeil - 1
Andre Gomes - 1
Michael Keane - 1
Nathan Patterson - 1
Joao Virginia - 2
Ben Godfrey - 1
Idrissa Gana Gueye - 1
We definitely need a 'none of the above' option. It's telling that when we play poorly there always seem to be fewer people bothered to vote.

We definitely need a 'none of the above' option. It's telling that when we play poorly there always seem to be fewer people bothered to vote.
As long as I am fulfilling this role for the site, I will never include a 'none of the above' option - it's purely negative.

People really overhate Young. he's been alright recently and he was absent during our awful run a few months ago which may have been a part of it.
Recently? 2 5/10 performances and a 2/10 last Monday doesn't mean he was 'alright.' Cannot understand anyone defending him after that first half performance last Monday, he was embarrassing to watch. Cannot play on the wing and should not be starting games

Recently? 2 5/10 performances and a 2/10 last Monday doesn't mean he was 'alright.' Cannot understand anyone defending him after that first half performance last Monday, he was embarrassing to watch. Cannot play on the wing and should not be starting games
I just apologised for this comment in the match thread big man :pint2:Edit: this was made before monday's horrow show by the way.