Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The whole - +10pts and we're lower midtable notwithstanding, we're playing like the relegation team the league table says we are.
Harrison made a slight difference for the better
Onana did nothing but score the goal - and yes I am aware of the Irony
Dont agree at all onana was actually trying to pass the ball forward, tonight was crap but again we had chances we should have taken to win the game.

Not acceptable from any Everton manager or team that performance.

Dire team selection, cowardly in fact, predictable tactics that play right into the opponents hands and players who don’t look like they can be arsed is a recipe for that mess which just stole two hours of our life.

I can just about take Young starting at RM against one of the top teams when you think up will be under the cosh and need some defensive support; I can just about take full backs not over lapping or joining the attack against a top side, have to be careful; I can just about take route one hoof to one striker up against 3 massive cbs on his todd, against a top side, even though I find it braindead.

I’m not having all that against a seriously depleted, managerless palace team who were there for the taking. Glad of the point at the death, but it’s really frustrating and disappointing.

it can’t always be on the crowd to get things going either, we’re all flat with the appeal and second points deduction hanging over us, we can’t keep going to the well if it’s ran dry.

Players need to take responsibility and be brave.

Everton were cowardly from the manager , his staff and to the players tonight, I don’t want to see that again or we’re done.

Give me 50% of the Everton team that played with fire and determination just after the points deduction and beat Chelsea, Newcastle and Forest - we win tonight with that.

Absolute garbage tonight from management and a whole host of players.
That was a must win game and could have really galvanised our attempts to stay in the league but Dyche made it into a must not lose game.
Cowardly tactics akin to Wimbledon(but not as good) and a failure to harness the energy of the crowd from the start of the game…we are so passive!!
Apart from the team choice and the tactics the failure of half of the team to show any basic footballing skill or knowledge really annoyed me…Ashley Young’s selection was beyond my understanding.

We have to find a way to stay up but if Dyche persists with that type of approach at home he will come under severe pressure.

We should beat Palace at home, but when do we ever beat sides who sit in tight and make us come out?

Under Dyche we've at least proven we can counter attack against sides who attack all game.

Well fare much better against West Ham in my opinion. However do have concerns over Sheff Utd at home lol

A horrible performance, couldn't get any fluency or momentum. Bizarrely took Gana off when Garner was stinking the place out.

Best DCL outing for a while.
Garners stats were pretty impressive tbf to him. Poor all round really. Everything in the final third is utterly embarrassing