Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neville Southall makes a spectacular save for Everton against Crystal Palace in this Football League Cup Third Round Replay played at Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace, London on the 10th November 1993.

Until the sending off we looked good against Brentford. Dom was winning everything in the air and allowing us to keep things much higher up the pitch than usual. Hopefully we start in the same way vs Palace. We need a bit more of an attacking onus, don't give them the chance to control the midfield. Under the lights at Goodison with the crowd well up for it... 2-0 Toffees and a big sigh of relief.

Palace have Man United at home on Sunday. Wonder if there’s any chance Vieira will rest a couple with his eyes on a big home performance against a team he has had a lengthy rivalry with?

Reality is even if we lose Burnley and Leeds both need to win whilst I would rather not be relying on this and going into the final game, I still think it's unlikely both do.
Well not necessarily btw.

If we lose tonight and Burnley get a draw tonight, then a point for them against Newcastle on Sunday would see them finish above us if we lost to Arsenal. Their GD is better.

Woke up and put on spirit of the blues, followed by its a grand old team. Gonna start this day positively and end it positively!

Not to sound like a hippy but negative energy begets negativity, so let's have that positivity pulsing!

I'll get back in me box now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.