Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been an Everton fan for around 10 years now.

The first half was so depressing with the fear of relegation and going 2 down, but....

The second half was so awesome, the best most emotional half of football I have ever witnessed ?

I wasn't a football fan in the 90s, so didn't witness the remarkable come backs for survival then.

Thursday 19th May was a night I will remember and cherish for the rest of my life.

? I love Everton football club ;)

Nice!

I've followed football since the early 90s, and Everton since 95.

I can count the number of times games like this happen on my hands (maybe my feet too!)

Emotional nights happen more during World Cups but that's because its Knockout once every four years.

There's rarely as much on the line in club football unless relegation is concerned, but with everything going against Everton in the last few matches, and the scoreline deficit, home crowd, it was absolutely a comeback for the ages.

just seen the score....absolutely made up
This may appear to be a bit silly, but I am reading through the posts to catch up everything I may have missed in all the excitement.
You have astounded me @deipnosophist with your verbiage on this occasion. An erudite person of such eloquence who can effuse rhetoric to effectuate pertinence to use a term 'made up' makes you appear to be, erm, well, human.
I thought it was superb, and really proved you to be as passionate about this club as every other maniac on this forum. Respect!

I've still cut cuts on my legs from goal celebrating on Thursday, sooner we get proper standing areas the better to avoid such damage

Anybody who provided us with The Greek God Of Football has the best of all good wishes from Evertonians.

RIP Alex Young.

So fitting another no.9 scored at the Gwladys Street end to win the match and honour his memory.
I had the honour of meeting Alex Young a number of years ago; a kind, warm and deeply humble man.

At aged 19, he was part of the Hearts team that defeated Celtic in the 1956 Scottish Cup final in front of a crowd of over 133,000 people. He won the league championship with us two years later as we scored a record 134 goals and won the league by a record 13 points in a two-points for a win system.

He won a further league title in 1960 and the League Cup, scoring over 100 goals for Hearts.

He was a legend of my club before going on to be a legend of yours.

At the talk I saw him give in Edinburgh, he spoke with such passion about playing at a packed Goodison, in front of 60,000 ecstatic Evertonians. It must’ve been some sight watching him play, ghosting and shimmying past defenders, that mop of blonde hair. The boy from Loanhead, Midlothian.

I had the honour of meeting Alex Young a number of years ago; a kind, warm and deeply humble man.

At aged 19, he was part of the Hearts team that defeated Celtic in the 1956 Scottish Cup final in front of a crowd of over 133,000 people. He won the league championship with us two years later as we scored a record 134 goals and won the league by a record 13 points in a two-points for a win system.

He won a further league title in 1960 and the League Cup, scoring over 100 goals for Hearts.

He was a legend of my club before going on to be a legend of yours.

At the talk I saw him give in Edinburgh, he spoke with such passion about playing at a packed Goodison, in front of 60,000 ecstatic Evertonians. It must’ve been some sight watching him play, ghosting and shimmying past defenders, that mop of blonde hair. The boy from Loanhead, Midlothian.
A lovely post for a wonderful footballer, and a your story confirms, a truly wonderful man.
The, and I use this word truthfully, adoration of Alex was such, that if, on the very rare occasion, he did not control the ball properly, the player who passed it to him would receive the criticism from the crowd.
I swear he cold run through a puddle and not make a splash. Incredible sense of balance, an unbelievable leap and ability to hover in the air, and not intimidated by anybody despite his angelic appearance.
I could go on, but even after all these years, I am misting up a little.

Thank you for your reply @HeartofMidlothian, and good fortune for yourself and family, and your club, for the coming season and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.