Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1653214382838.jpg

The Boys In Blue in the truest sense of the meaning.
I thought they did an excellent job on Thursday and largely allowed the celebrations to flow. Probably safe in the knowledge that it was Evertonians, and not the scum sucking murderers from areas far afield.
Yeah I thought this too actually, from what I can gather they were sound with the coach arrivals too, just let thing take a natural course, all good spirited

Yeah I thought this too actually, from what I can gather they were sound with the coach arrivals too, just let thing take a natural course, all good spirited
Exactly how it happened also. They didn't prevent anybody having a good time. They were a bit like a good referee, if such a person exists, by the fact you always knew they were there, but never really noticed any.

Why is the media narrative constantly about our game and what happened with Viera. There was a player headbutted at Forest. Is that not a lot more serious that some daft and immature kid calling Viera a muppet? I think the kid was embarrassing to our supporters, but it was a bit of a non event and hardly news. Let's have some perspective please.
and it is rarely commented on that fellow Everton supporters then chaperoned Viera off the pitch. The whole of this is a non story.

the free kick for Doms winner, what would you call that `tackle` on Seamus? rugby tackle, wrestling move, attempted judo throw or creepy weird sexual assault? either way it could easily have been a 2nd yellow for Zaha.

And this gonna sound stupid, but tomorrow doesnt matter.

What I mean is, Leeds could get beat, which would "dilute" this game, but its a different game, for everybody, the whole thing has changed, so who knows if Leeds would have won or lost, who knows if Everton would have, you know what I mean?

Yeah, im thinking too much, who even cares about tomorrow.
This is very deep @MikelsGoat and initially had me reaching for my Big Boys Bumper Book of Doomsday Decipher codes (phase 1 only I'm afraid).
Then I re-read it in the actual context of the occasion and said to myself, 'Is right Mikel, is just so effin right'.
Well done that man for summarising, not so much the entire season, but the incredible and seemingly impossible climax of it.

Maybe because I'm older but 1994 was even more incredible than tonight.
We each have opinions, and mine rarely differ from yours.
However, on this occasion I felt we had a bit more of a chance having pulled a goal back from a nailed on (ahem) penalty by half time. I felt that, unlike the myopic referees of this Riley blighted era, we would be at least given some tolerance by the officials.
Not much of a reason I appreciate, but it certainly gave me something to cling on to.

I have been an Everton fan for around 10 years now.

The first half was so depressing with the fear of relegation and going 2 down, but....

The second half was so awesome, the best most emotional half of football I have ever witnessed ?

I wasn't a football fan in the 90s, so didn't witness the remarkable come backs for survival then.

Thursday 19th May was a night I will remember and cherish for the rest of my life.

? I love Everton football club ;)

What a second half. The icing on the cake is I backed them at half time. First time I have put money on everton in about 4 years.
You also. Excellent! I don't really ever gamble either.
Bet you didn't lose your ticket in the melee and not realise until 250 miles later when reaching home at 4:00.
There are somethings so dear in life though that no amount of money can buy. This truly was such an occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.