Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Crystal Palace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there we are. A premier league team for next season. Just one wee downside to that imo . Or maybe I should say a big downside. We have to play LIverpool and Man City. Now my reasons for calling this a downside is nothing to do with the fact that we rarely beat them. It’s nothing to do with the fact that they win everything…….couldn’t care less. Nothing to do with the fact that they have money to burn ( especially Man City ).
It’s just that I hate both those teams. I just hate everything about them. Can’t shake it. I hate those teams. Just can’t pinpoint the reasons why. It’s everything.
IMO…..if they still want to form some sort of breakaway league……I’d let them. Just let them go. I can easily live without them…
Maybe hate is too strong a word. But I can do without them. So there you are. That in my thinking is a downside . Being in the same league as those two teams. Although of course I wouldn’t change anything. Just get those fixtures out of the way. I hate those fixtures… And then get on with everything else.
Rant over……..Up the Toffees. Our staying up Toffees.

I’m not going anywhere near the comments section of social media posts today. Can’t be bothered having to explain to people why we celebrated in the way we did etc. If people can’t understand that as a football fan, then maybe it isn’t the sport for them.

When did it become edgy and cool not to show emotion or passion for your club, regardless of what was or wasn’t achieved?

Enjoy it blues, don’t let anybody tell you you’re wrong for doing so.

It also feels like the rift in the fanbase and the divide between us and the players/staff has finally been healed. I think more than anything, we were celebrating because we’ve got our club back and we can all go forward together.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Amen brother

So pleased for Dele Alli and Dom.

Both of them under a lot of questioning about their desire to play for the club. Can't help but thinking that there is something about that...

For Dele: Got a lot of people questioning me why he doesn't play, he clearly isn't interested in footy anymore - without knowing the financial structure of the deal and that we essentially can't play him without bankrupting the club. So pleased to see him come on and show his quality.

For Dom: obviously struggled big time with injuries this year and has not helped himself by being himself off the field - and that is someone who is unusual - which a lot of dinosaur football fans will never understand. But when he has been at full fitness - at the start of the season and in the last 2 or 3 games (admittedly seldom) - he has continued to look like a serious handful.

MCFC in peace congratulations Everton always too big to go down lets hope we carry on your celebrations Sunday
You will absolutely dismantle Villa on Sunday. Mings will be like a chicken cornered by a gang of foxes - won't have a clue which way to turn! Won't matter what the RS do at Analfield. Another City title.

Someone in the comments said Sunderland fans ran on the pitch after equalising against Walsall haha. He wouldn't know what it's like to survive and celebrate because they didn't survive.
Exactly what I told a Newcastle fan on twitter. They are used to getting relegated without a fight.

Well that was a good evening. Missed the first half but managed to get in from work to catch teh second. Magnificent. Job done. Never in doubt! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.