Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some chances - largely because Palace are so bad - but the finishing has been awful. We seem to be incapable of taking control of games against poor sides like Palace. Can't name one player who played anything like well in the first half.

Still can’t believe Coleman, as club captain, wasn’t in the midst of that scuffle over the free kick sorting it out.

Proper wimp of a captain.

I hope we are more clinical in the 2nd half because the game could have been over at half time. Cannot blow chances like this if we want to challenge for Europe.

Sort it and win it blues. COYB's.

LOL siggys reaction after Richy took the free kick

How many has Siggy scored from free kicks this year?

Would like to see King replace Richarlison at about sixty mins mark to change things around a bit, unless he sorts his head out of course. The chances are being created they just need to be converted, but that's the difference between having decent forwards and having top quality forwards.

It has been a bit better than usual. But we still have no linking play in midfield. James tries but the rest of the team isn't there. Coleman is bad, Gylfi/Gomes bad, Davies and Richarlison are both meh. You've got Digne who is good but him and James can't really play next to each other.

The issue is the guys who are our first team midfield aren't good at it either so it really isn't a problem likely to fix itself.

Thus why I'd like to see us give Iwobi real opportunities but that seems to have sailed as well. Not really sure what the answer is. I guess pray Gbamin is really good?
Iwobi is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.