Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up at 4am this morning and Everton popped into my pea brain and I got all excited about todays match.

Been a few years since that happened.
Disappointed it isn't on TV. I will try some streams.

Thursday was such a bonus - Mrs BR and I were enjoying a break in the Rheinland.

We met a couple from Kent who mentioned a good Irish pub near Köln Dom. We decided to have a nice Thai meal and wandered in only to find the mighty Blues were on TV.

The bar had about ten barcodes sitting In front of the TV.

Oh how we celebrated as we went one-two-three nil :)

The barcodes evacuated en masse after the third.

Really has given me hope for this crowd of players who really seem to have an understanding of EFC.

Too many strollers In recent years.

Dare I hope that some passion and pride have returned?

That series of passing before Beta's goal brought me back to the 80s team.

COYB!!!

Disappointed it isn't on TV. I will try some streams.

Thursday was such a bonus - Mrs BR and I were enjoying a break in the Rheinland.

We met a couple from Kent who mentioned a good Irish pub near Köln Dom. We decided to have a nice Thai meal and wandered in only to find the mighty Blues were on TV.

The bar had about ten barcodes sitting In front of the TV.

Oh how we celebrated as we went one-two-three nil :)

The barcodes evacuated en masse after the third.

Really has given me hope for this crowd of players who really seem to have an understanding of EFC.

Too many strollers In recent years.

Dare I hope that some passion and pride have returned?

That series of passing before Beta's goal brought me back to the 80s team.

COYB!!!

When that 3rd goal went in, I said to my son it was one of the best Everton goals I'd seen in years. Not one mention of it after the match on TV by the presenters, jn fact Osman said Everton done well with all the goals by forcing Newcastle into mistakes (which was correct for goals 1 and 2).

I genuinely started to think maybe it was me and I'd just imagined all the passes. Then you realise, most of the time we can barely put 5 passes together so it's like everyone's mind just switched off and only remembered the final pass and goal.

That goal had the kind of swagger we haven't seen since around 2014/15. An amazing goal and one I really think should give the players a massive shot of confidence because they've shown they can play football.

It wasn't passing for passing sake either, it had purpose and stretched the horse punchers all over the place. We won't score a better goal than that for many a year.

How’s Man City Luton more enticing for TV than our game? They have about 9 fans
Because our game was originally meant to be yesterday non televised before Amazon decided their schedule for the midweek games

Treble winners vs Play off winners was always going to be a tv pick when the fixture list came out

Sky sports@PL reporters just leaving their hideout, heading over to the Goodison exclusion zone for today’s game.
1702204110537.jpeg

I’d take a draw here
On the back of last 2 wins a draw would be an excellent return from that run of games.

After the -10 and then utd defeat there were lots of 'look at the horror run of games coming up' shouts and fears we were going to be cut adrift. 7 from 9 would be a really solid response to that.

However, as we already have pocketed 6 points from the first two games I am naturally getting greedy and want the 9! I can see a steady and low risk 2-0 for us here today.

It could go two ways, really. We can continue to show the same intensity as last night v Chelsea and get a similar result OR the players could get gassed due to the busy schedule. People laugh about players being "Dyche fit", but during this time of a season we get to see if they're really in fine fettle.
This is what I don't get. What's different about football now and when it was played on poor surfaces and with no substitutes and other less favourable conditions and nobody talked about having a days less or more between games.
I think players are probably fitter overall than they were in First Division days.

Think about the old Easter weekend fixtures when they played on Friday, Saturday and Monday. I know they all played on the same
days but even so.

Its a tough call today for the manager as he wont want to change a side that put in a great performance but it was only a couple of days ago, plus he will have Onana and Garner back, who are probably our first choice CMs.

This is a very tough game because of the tight turnaround. 3 wins on the bounce is not something we do very often.

I'm all for a bit of optimism, but it's a little bit over the top I think. The last time I felt like this going into a game was Luton and it did not go well.

I suppose it's a big test of where we are at. Even if we lose, it's not a disaster but another positive result would show tangible progression.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.