Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling Alli will start. Regular sub appearances now and had a good scoring record v Chelsea in his Spurs days. Feels like one of those gut reaction decisions from a manager to throw him in from the start and see what happens for an hour.

Plus Iwobi really hasn't done much at all since his 98th minute winner v Newcastle.

Man Utd at home with 4 attempts at goal v Chelsea so far and 33% possession

Should we be worried for Sunday?
Having just watched a fair portion of the game, Id hope that given its a home fixture that we put a hell of a lot more effort in to it than Utd did this evening, some of their players are an utter joke. If we don't/can't then we deserve everything thats coming tbh.

My guess would be that we see some referee payback with either a red or a penno against Chelsea. But of course that too could go either way after our complaints.
If we can come out strong and get a goal in the first 15 then they can be beaten. Too many 'ifs' in that thought though.

Likely for Lampards....

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Godfrey - Mykolenko
Doucoure - Allan
Iwobi
Gordon - Richarlison - Grey
I hate to see Richy not out wide but Dobbin is not a CF type and Rondon is just mega-gash. Pity Simms is on loan really.
Yeah, got to see Richy in a central position if we're to get the best out of him. Just wish this match was a bit closer to their FA Cup final as I reckon they'd have been a bit less committed.

Having just watched a fair portion of the game, Id hope that given its a home fixture that we put a hell of a lot more effort in to it than Utd did this evening, some of their players are an utter joke. If we don't/can't then we deserve everything thats coming tbh.
They don't give a toss & haven't done for a while. Dropping points against them at the moment should be made a criminal offence. The season end can't come quick enough for most of their players.

Chelsea not that interested in league results I'll warrant. To make second spot they would almost have to win all remaining games and have the RS lose all of theirs. Arsenal wont catch them.

Need a spark to ignite the Goodison faithful.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

7AB03919-E520-4500-9DCB-B069849A8C54.jpeg

Old Trafford as flat as a pancake. Their fans are just going through the motions of another crap season for them

It'll be different Sunday.

Reece James is the one to watch. Mykolenko will need to be right at it Sunday and really deny him space.

We'll win, I believe.

Yeah, got to see Richy in a central position if we're to get the best out of him. Just wish this match was a bit closer to their FA Cup final as I reckon they'd have been a bit less committed.

Unfortunately they play Leeds 3 days before it. A team we are hoping to close the gap on.

Status
Not open for further replies.