Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t our fans be like that every game?! If they were we wouldn’t be in this mess!

As Tuchel said yesterday: we were like a twelfth man and any team in world football would have found it hard to get a result at Goodison.
The crowd started to sound a little lethargic towards the end of the 1st half, or so I thought watching it on the TV. I think Richarlison's goal came at the perfect time at the start of the 2nd to get the crowd energy back to where it was. And Pickford's saves were huge too. An amazing atmosphere it seemed.

Yeah Mina is huge, literally. I’ve rarely seen him beaten with a header and that means the ball probably isn’t going near him.
Seen the stories today saying Mina is a @“#% house. He’s a defender. In the game today most defenders throw themselves around. (Unlike Athletico were the whole team throws themselves around.) Gave everything as did the team. Mountain in defence. Just what we need when our backs are against the wall. Any team would have him. Immovable object. United would swap him for Maguire in a heartbeat.

@Walham Green Blue what's the feedback from your forums on your teams performance today.

I thought we stifled your wing backs really well, kept Havertz very quiet and Mount couldn't get on the ball as much as he'd like to.
Pretty much that there was no real surprise that we were so impotent. Defensively we were fine - minus the brain fart - and in midfield we’re solid, we just don’t look like we’ll score. I mean Pickford made a couple of fantastic saves but we didn’t do much else to bother him. We’re a bit too predictable but our saving grace is that the other 2 have to play each other and we have winnable home games, plus Leeds away. I think both CFC and Everton will limp over our respective lines!

Why can’t our fans be like that every game?! If they were we wouldn’t be in this mess!

As Tuchel said yesterday: we were like a twelfth man and any team in world football would have found it hard to get a result at Goodison.

We haven’t been like that for every game because frankly most of the time our season is done by this stage and the rest of the season is generally just somewhere in the middle.

Yesterday could be the start of us changing what a goodison game feels like for good or it could just be that we harness it until we know our fate.

Unbelievable yesterday, I can’t remember the last time it felt like that if ever

Pretty much that there was no real surprise that we were so impotent. Defensively we were fine - minus the brain fart - and in midfield we’re solid, we just don’t look like we’ll score. I mean Pickford made a couple of fantastic saves but we didn’t do much else to bother him. We’re a bit too predictable but our saving grace is that the other 2 have to play each other and we have winnable home games, plus Leeds away. I think both CFC and Everton will limp over our respective lines!
Just give our loveable neighbours a game in the final.

The crowd have been brilliant at home since the fsw got the boot. Yesterday was dialling it up to eleven. If we had that every gamenext season, we'd be in the European spots.

Inappropriate Language
Seen the stories today saying Mina is a @“#% house. He’s a defender. In the game today most defenders throw themselves around. (Unlike Athletico were the whole team throws themselves around.) Gave everything as did the team. Mountain in defence. Just what we need when our backs are against the wall. Any team would have him. Immovable object. United would swap him for Maguire in a heartbeat.
I want my central defenders to have being a s^%£house part of their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.