Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short on quality, gifted them chances but a win made out of pure determination that we haven't seen for so long.

I’ll give Duncan his due, he played 2 up front, and played more direct which under the circumstances having a slow midfield which is limited, a platform to work from. We erode our luck 1st half but I thought we were much better 2nd half. We still have a long way to go. But it’s a case of horses for courses until we get better quality in particular in midfield.

One of those rare days were everything goes right and we come away with a very well earned three points. Be nice if this was the turning point of the season but I won't hold my breath.

On to Man Utd next, tough game no doubt but they are wide open to be hit on the counter.

Haven't seen this yet - is that Southgate beside DBB?

lol...the executive dream team of Denise, Blue Bill and Farhad.

Fair dos though; an old fashioned-type game by Everton. Passion in spades. It's what our club needs/feeds off. I know in these PC times I may be chided for saying this, but what has diminished my support in recent times has not been the losses per se, it's the limp-wristed, testosterone-free Pussyville that our team has taken residence in. Good on CG* for relocating them to Mansville...and just see and hear how the crowd responds..

* Caledonian Galoot (aka Big Dunc)

Yes, pleased for Eton Dom. I don't watch Everton these days, but he always gets my MotM vote...purely because it always elicits a "who the hell voted for DCL?" post from some fuming GOTer lol lol

But today he deserved it...I guess even a broken (analogue) watch is correct twice a day!

I’ll add my comments another time but just showing how well we did today, I was very very impressed with Chelseas midfield and play. The bloke that scored the goal is very good and Mason Mount is going to be some player. That just shows how bloody good we were today. They will be right up there this season

Status
Not open for further replies.