Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither is Sigurdsson or scheinderlin though. I’d rather chance it tbh and I bet our u23s are a lot quicker
I see where you're coming from but throwing some young lads in at centre mid when they are totally out of their depth is honestly massively unfair and could end their career as evertonian before it's even began.

Think Pennington.

Righto.

Poor Siggy.

If he scores, it's all he did.
If he assists, it's all he did.
If he covers more ground than every other player, it wasn't effective ground covering.

If we lose, it's his fault.

He's been crap this season, the whole team have - but the scapegoating/focus on him is too much/boring.

Well obviously not.

So the whole game/system resolves around Sigurdsson? I see. I never knew you thought he was that good/vital to the team.

What about some focus on a striker who can actually finish.

What about Iwobi? Looks like he's number 10 today. Sigurdsson has took pelters in that number 10 position. Why is the focus no longer that number 10 position?

I don't think he's that good, but yes, in this set up he's the focal point - it's all on him to get that team transitioning; him and DCL.

Iwobi isn't a number 10 today, that's a 4-4-2 - Iwobi is left midfield. We aren't playing a number 10. Indeed, that's my whole point - when we transition into attack, it's all on Sigurdsson to break his neck getting into the number 10 role to support the attack. DCL is the hold-up striker, Richarlison is the one looking to cause mischief and get in behind.

So the whole game/system resolves around Sigurdsson? I see. I never knew you thought he was that good/vital to the team.

What about some focus on a striker who can actually finish?

What about Iwobi? Looks like he's number 10 today. Sigurdsson has took pelters in that number 10 position. Why is the focus no longer that number 10 position?

There is no number 10 today, it is 4-4-2

Iwobi on the left wing, Richy up top next to DCL

Righto.

Poor Siggy.

If he scores, it's all he did.
If he assists, it's all he did.
If he covers more ground than every other player, it wasn't effective ground covering.

If we lose, it's his fault.

He's been crap this season, the whole team have - but the scapegoating/focus on him is too much/boring.
This is @davek level trolling this.

Yeah, there were lots of signs of turmoil. The Zaha transfer was just bizarre. But even then we've been unlucky with injuries etc. That's why I'd have kept Marco until they find someone better. As it is, we are gambling on romance; a typical Kenwright strategy that always ends badly.

Some people are just unlucky. I guess you can make your own look but in this game that comes from throwing your toys out the pram.

Silva was constantly unlucky.

I still say letting that german bellwhiff leg about on the pitch in the derby set the tone for failure. He allowed a rival to walk all over him and it continued till the day he was sacked. No other club has suffered as many VAR mistakes as Everton.

We need fight.

Christ thats a very naive lineup with the 2 slowest CM's in the league who have no defensive qualities. Looks like we will try and outscore them which is amusing in itself.

Reckon with those 2 upfront we will go direct a lot

He jogs around after the ball alot.

Or he could be sprinting, it's hard to tell as he's so ridiculously slow.

His work rate stats are incredible because he never stops moving. It's a shame a lot of that movement involves hiding behind the nearest opposition player when we get possession so he doesn't have to be involved.

... christ he's terrible.

... And due to the transfer fee paid and the wages he'll be on we're stuck with him. Cheers Koeman/Walsh!

Status
Not open for further replies.