Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could see us winning but our central midfield is awful and it´s such a crucial part of the pitch, especially when you´re playing against Kante.
I'd be surprised if Kante even starts. They'll be expecting us to sit back so I imagine they go with Jorginho and Kovacic with Mount as the #10. No need for a third in midfield when you're up against Davies and Sigurdsson.

4-2-3-1
A few maybes with fitness tests
Give kean a chance up top nothing to lose

Pickford
Coleman? Mina? Keane Digne
Davies Delph?
Walcott sigudsson richarlison
Kean

Too much emphasis put on formations imo. At the end of the day it's the quality of the players and how they apply themselves that makes the difference.
Probably too much focus is true. However, the formation should still suit the players to get the best out of who we have available and also exploit the opposition. For example, Chelsea’s weakness is their back line. We should set up to put as much pressure on them as possible because if we don’t capitalize on that weakness we’ll just get torn apart. Even with their “weakness,” I know DCL up front alone is not going to bother them.

Play 100mph for the first 20 minutes. Even the park end joining in with the songs. The the midfield with hit a sloppy backpass, Keane will swing and miss a clearance, Pickford will volley it into his own net via the backside of a retreating Barkley. We huff till half time, play insiply second half. Finishes 0-4

If we are going 442 I think Davies will need more help defensively than Sigurdsson can offer so Schneiderlin will get a start.

Pickford
Sidney - Mina - Holgate - Digne
Iwobi - Davies - Schneiderlin - Bernie
Kean - Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.