Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliant result. Was refreshing to see so much passion and heart. Think we’ll need to be a little more compact and disciplined in away games but today was definitely a blueprint for how Everton need to play at home.

I thought Richy led the line well, DCL worked his onions off and scored a brace, Mason Holgate was terrific and despite him being everyone’s cartoon villain, I thought Schneiderlin was great today, if only he could be that arsed on a regular basis, he would be a regular in the team!

to temper all that positivity with some good old Evertonian vinegar, I thought thta is Chelsea had been on form that could easily have scored four or five more goals, so despite some of the shagite getting spouted after the game, that performance would not have beaten the RS, they would have put those chances away, the spawned gets!

This might have been posted, not arsed cos its worth repeating.

Today, Everton won more tackles (37) than in ANY pl match this season. Not just our games, every single PL game.

And that is also the most Everton have won in 10 years in the PL.

It's a good 'stat' and shows the commitment today, but you have to tackle more if you only have 30% of the ball and you'll win more of them if the opposition are just OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.