Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford needs dropping after his shocker, Jagielka is a leader and even though he doesn't have legs at lest he'll organise, Mina needs games, Schniederlin provides more defensive solidity than Gomes and the front 4 were decent against Newacstle.

Stekelenburg

Coleman Jagielka Mina Digne

Gueye Schniederlin

Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard

Calvert-Lewin

Subs

Pickford,Keane,Kenny,Gomes,Lookman,Walcott,Tosun

0-3 for Chelsea.

Routine away victory. Maybe we'll grab a consolation near the end once they've taken off Hazard, Willian and Barkley.

Pickford needs dropping after his shocker, Jagielka is a leader and even though he doesn't have legs at lest he'll organise, Mina needs games, Schniederlin provides more defensive solidity than Gomes and the front 4 were decent against Newacstle.

Stekelenburg

Coleman Jagielka Mina Digne

Gueye Schniederlin

Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard

Calvert-Lewin

Subs

Pickford,Keane,Kenny,Gomes,Lookman,Walcott,Tosun
How can you drop Gomes? The Newcastle result had nothing to do with him and he ran the show in the first half. He can't help it if our goalkeeper is a liability and our defenders cannot defend! Gomes and Gueye is the best partnership. If I had my way it'd be Virginia, Coleman, Mina, Zouma and Digne in defence (as I deem Zouma marginally better than Keane).

But Silva loves Keane and won't drop him. I assume Coleman will come back. I seriously doubt Pickford will get dropped, but he sure deserves to.

DCL should keep his place as a) he's improving b) Tosun is crap and c) we have nobody else.

Bernard should start again, and I'd toss a coin to start either Richarlison or Lookman.

How can you drop Gomes? The Newcastle result had nothing to do with him and he ran the show in the first half. He can't help it if our goalkeeper is a liability and our defenders cannot defend! Gomes and Gueye is the best partnership. If I had my way it'd be Virginia, Coleman, Mina, Zouma and Digne in defence (as I deem Zouma marginally better than Keane).

But Silva loves Keane and won't drop him. I assume Coleman will come back. I seriously doubt Pickford will get dropped, but he sure deserves to.

DCL should keep his place as a) he's improving b) Tosun is crap and c) we have nobody else.

Bernard should start again, and I'd toss a coin to start either Richarlison or Lookman.
I think against Chelsea we need as much defensive support as possible and we're not going to control the midfield no matter who plays in there. Zouma is inegible and I think Mina should play because he needs game time but putting him beside Keane in this form could be a disaster so Jagielkas experience would benefit him better.

they are fighting for champions league spot and we are trying to dodge a relgation fight

I can see 6 golas in this..

1-5

2-4

Another opportunity for Souness to accurately point out what a shambles we are on national tv, great. The home derby aside, I watch our live games with an air of inevitability, and this will be no different. Roll on summer.

what I want to see:
Virginia
Coleman - Keane - Jags - Digne
Gana - Gomes
Richarlison - Sigurdsson - Bernard
DCL
what I think marco will do:
the undropable prickford
Coleman - Keane - Zouma - Digne
Schneiderlin - Geuye
Walcott - Sigurdsson - Bernard
DCL​

mad these people saying drop pickford and then say replace him with stek, that man is like a cardboard cut out, if you're gonna drop pickford put the new kid in goal I wouldn't mind giving him a go

just don't get why you'd drop someone after a poor game for stek who is atrocious

Status
Not open for further replies.