Match Thread Everton v Cardiff City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good performance, but a win when we are not at our best is a good sign...

Midfield trio Gomes,siggurdsson,gueye all done well & oozing class...

Richarlison,Bernard & Walcott however must do better...

Hope we sign Gomes he is quality...

Disagree that Cardiff earned much credit. They are the worst alehouse team seen here in years. I thought that kind of football had gone out years ago. OK, maybe it can be argued that they can't be blamed with a load of poor players and desperate to survive, which is frankly unlikely. Our problem was we were devoid of real attacking threat. Bernard, nice lad that he is, game after game shows he is inadequate and generally lost in this division. I really hope he adjusts to the intensity eventually. No wonder he is subbed every game. Richarlison was a nonentity and is obviously not used to playing against the physical approach of teams like Cardiff. Maybe he had played and travelled too much with Brazil. Even DCL would have been preferable against Cardiff. Walcott is totally ineffective and should not be picked until he finds some sort of form. Lookman when he came on was a breathe of fresh air. We are desperate for a goal scorer. It turned out to be a creditable win against tough, physical opponents who got away with murder with another awful, out of his depth referee.
Why are people being arsey with the Cardiff fan?

Blokes come on here and been largely gracious. Dont know what people expected they came and tried to do what we did at Stamford Bridge.

Much worse fans in the league than Cardiff - Kopites, Utd, Chelski, Arse, Geordies, Watford, Saints and Wist Ham fans to name just a few...
The attitude of some of the posters on here reminds me of them across the park.criticising cardiff for the way they approached the game yesterday is laughable,we have put in far worse away performances in the last 5 years having spent far more cash than Cardiff could dream of

Heard on The Blue Room podcast that Pickford was subject to a shocking challenge. Anyone seen that/got a link?
JP went up to collect the ball from a free kick and some divvy jumped into him. He hit is lower body while he was in the air and that caused him to spin in the air and pretty much land on his neck. Absolute s***house challenge as the keeper can't protect himself without letting go of the ball so it's effectively a cheap shot. Luckily our number 1 is made of rubber and was fine after a minute.The clown who did it should've been sent off but was booked.

Someone said we would've lost this match when Sam was manager last season. I don't think so. The football was horrible, but the home results were
pretty good.

Ahh that old Welsh stereotype that we all love rugby.

Funny story that Cardiff have won more trophies than Everton since the Prem inception. Considering I’ve seen my club from premiership to league 2 I’d say I’d know more about the entertainment value of the football league.

When Villa came down most of their fans were stating how refreshing being in the championship was.
Bragging about winning the 4th and 2nd divisions is all the evidence needed to show why Everton will always be a level above you. And you should take pride in your rugby. It's a hell of a lot less corrupt than this football nonsense.

Bragging about winning the 4th and 2nd divisions is all the evidence needed to show why Everton will always be a level above you. And you should take pride in your rugby. It's a hell of a lot less corrupt than this football nonsense.

Ofcourse Everton are a bigger club than Cardiff. I’ve never said anything different. However you have to admit that Everton have been failures for the past 30 years. I think Cardiff have had a more exciting 30 years than Everton have even if we’ve been outside the top league for 28 of those.

Rugby may be less corrupt but that doesn’t make it any less boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.