Match Thread Everton v Cardiff City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't disagree Dario, but I went for Gylfi as thought he was superb and for - as someone else has said - that first half turn and being in the right spot to finish the rebound to win the game.

That turn first half was as good if not better than the one Fellaini made Bellamy look a complete fool with.
Made up he got the goal to shut the goading taffs up mate!

Can't disagree Dario, but I went for Gylfi as thought he was superb and for - as someone else has said - that first half turn and being in the right spot to finish the rebound to win the game.

That turn first half was as good if not better than the one Fellaini made Bellamy look a complete fool with.

Was fascinated at the travelling fans singing their national anthem and buzzing off the England national team... in Liverpool of all places. Also sang about England fans getting jumped in Russia by hooligans two and a half years ago.

I haven't cringed that hard at the game in some time. Not sure football is for them really.
They have to get it out of their system as relegation is inevitableble.
Not a great performance but up to 6th in the table. Unfortunately, Lineker and Murphy already had us last on MOTD before a ball was kicked.

Brilliant result, marching onwards up to 6th in the table on 22 points after 13 games, only 18 more points required for safety, 6 more wins from 25 remaining games. Got some tough games coming up.

Disagree that Cardiff earned much credit. They are the worst alehouse team seen here in years. I thought that kind of football had gone out years ago. OK, maybe it can be argued that they can't be blamed with a load of poor players and desperate to survive, which is frankly unlikely. Our problem was we were devoid of real attacking threat. Bernard, nice lad that he is, game after game shows he is inadequate and generally lost in this division. I really hope he adjusts to the intensity eventually. No wonder he is subbed every game. Richarlison was a nonentity and is obviously not used to playing against the physical approach of teams like Cardiff. Maybe he had played and travelled too much with Brazil. Even DCL would have been preferable against Cardiff. Walcott is totally ineffective and should not be picked until he finds some sort of form. Lookman when he came on was a breathe of fresh air. We are desperate for a goal scorer. It turned out to be a creditable win against tough, physical opponents who got away with murder with another awful, out of his depth referee.

Disagree that Cardiff earned much credit. They are the worst alehouse team seen here in years. I thought that kind of football had gone out years ago. OK, maybe it can be argued that they can't be blamed with a load of poor players and desperate to survive, which is frankly unlikely. Our problem was we were devoid of real attacking threat. Bernard, nice lad that he is, game after game shows he is inadequate and generally lost in this division. I really hope he adjusts to the intensity eventually. No wonder he is subbed every game. Richarlison was a nonentity and is obviously not used to playing against the physical approach of teams like Cardiff. Maybe he had played and travelled too much with Brazil. Even DCL would have been preferable against Cardiff. Walcott is totally ineffective and should not be picked until he finds some sort of form. Lookman when he came on was a breathe of fresh air. We are desperate for a goal scorer. It turned out to be a creditable win against tough, physical opponents who got away with murder with another awful, out of his depth referee.

I find it a bit rich that arrogance about style of play considering your team played the exact same way under big Sam

Our crap football was awful to watch under Sam but it was tactical not roughhouse like Cardiff.

Roughhouse?

12-13 fouls? You gave as good as you got.

So if Everton do it it’s “tactical” but if another team do it it’s roughhouse?

With regards to the dinosaur and Warnock? Warnock has 8 promotions including getting a cardiff team up who should have been relegated not promoted last season.

As I’ve said in previous posts I have no issues with Everton and prefer them doing well, just don’t agree with hypocritical comments

Status
Not open for further replies.