Match Thread Everton v Cardiff City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes head and shoulders above any playeron the pitch today. Sloppy performance really, Cardiff made it tough as you would expect, dreaded everytime they got a set piece as we looked vulnerable, almost got caught out which would have been a travesty.

Seamus got lucky for the penalty that wasn't, if it was against the other lot next weekend it's a stonewall. He played well today too i thought.

Not a great performance today but happy with the win, hopefully, it'll give us the belief to go over to the scum next week and turn up for once, have a go at them and another 1-0 win will do me;):celebrate:

Warnock had a full week of drilling his team how to play against us.

Silva probably had 1 or 2 sessions with them and it showed today.

Credit to Cardif they stuck to their game plan and almost got a point.

I’m happy that we never stopped going forward and always created chances.

We need a quality striker with Richarlason as an inside forward.

again gylfi gomes and gana dominated midfield. we played ok couldnt quite produce the quality required but got the win anyway

I never expected us to batter Cardiff but I did expect a more cohesive team performance. Too many passes went astray and it was obvious that not all players were on the same wavelength.
We def need a quality CF if we are to break into the top 5 and Bernard and Walcott need to do much, much more.
Lookman did well when he came on but I think he is trying too hard to impress and trying to beat an extra man or shooting when he should be passing.
The other lot have a midweek game while we can get ourselves organised all week for what will, hopefully, be a performance like we gave at Chelski.

Was fascinated at the travelling fans singing their national anthem and buzzing off the England national team... in Liverpool of all places. Also sang about England fans getting jumped in Russia by hooligans two and a half years ago.

I haven't cringed that hard at the game in some time. Not sure football is for them really.

Was fascinated at the travelling fans singing their national anthem and buzzing off the England national team... in Liverpool of all places. Also sang about England fans getting jumped in Russia by hooligans two and a half years ago.

I haven't cringed that hard at the game in some time. Not sure football is for them really.

I know its like they thought it was England vs Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.