Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate playing Burnley. They either turn up or don’t. They can be a nightmare to break down. Hopefully we are up for it and have a game plan to beat them. Need to be good on defensive set pieces or we are in trouble.
If they shut up shop I can't see us breaking then down. But can see them scoring from a set piece. Which is almost exactly what you said

There's not much love for Sigurdsson here and he is a bit slow, but he can be very good and I'm hoping that Carlo can find a way of bringing that
out in him consistently.
Depends on what exactly you're asking him to do. If all you want is someone who can whip in a good deadball and pop of with some goals in a more or less second striker role than you've got your man. If like Silva was attempting you want him to be someone who the attacking play of the team runs through you're in real trouble. I don't know what exactly stops him but the guy is so poor at getting on the ball in that #10 role that it's madness he ever got that position in the first place.

For me the far better thing to do would be bring if off the bench a bit and bin him off in the summer. Try to develop a plan for next season that does not involve him. He's done.

Our team isn't the best on paper or on the pitch but I will give it a go with what we have available in Carlos usual formation

Kean DCL
Sigurdsson
Bernard Richarlison
Delph
Digne Mina Holgate Sidibe
Pickford
We really do need a first choice CB as although Holgate has done decent he should still be a second choice CB for us if we are looking to achieve anything.

The same really applies for a ST with both of those not pulling up trees, difference being DCL has had plenty of opportunities compared to Kean so I am still really hoping we will see more from Kean

As for Sigurdsson yes he is slow and needs replacing in the summer but right now "needs must" which is why I think he'd be better at the top end of the pitch because he's the best striker of the ball we have and we ideally need him closer to the goal to make an impact.

I can only imagine people persisting in thinking Sigurdsson in the starting eleven is a good idea is a form of Stockholm Syndrome at this point.

Our team isn't the best on paper or on the pitch but I will give it a go with what we have available in Carlos usual formation

Kean DCL
Sigurdsson
Bernard Richarlison
Delph
Digne Mina Holgate Sidibe
Pickford
We really do need a first choice CB as although Holgate has done decent he should still be a second choice CB for us if we are looking to achieve anything.

The same really applies for a ST with both of those not pulling up trees, difference being DCL has had plenty of opportunities compared to Kean so I am still really hoping we will see more from Kean

As for Sigurdsson yes he is slow and needs replacing in the summer but right now "needs must" which is why I think he'd be better at the top end of the pitch because he's the best striker of the ball we have and we ideally need him closer to the goal to make an impact.
He's useless; we lose if he starts. Slows everything down to a crawl which kills our momentum.

Carlo will be desprete for a win, but needs to manage the players with another game in 48 hours. Snap your hand off for 4 points from next two games. Just because of the lack of players we have fit tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.