Not open for further replies.
My team would be
Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Baines
Holgate Davies
Bernard Sigurdsson Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

Lossl Sidibe Digne Delph Gordon Kean Tosun

I would keep the 2 French fullbacks fresh for the Newcastle game and no way can Delph do 3 games in a week so he can hopefully sit this one out. I'd have the Brazilians switching wings and Sigurdsson playing 10 behind DCL. Kean and Gordon both to get some time off the bench hopefully.

I wonder if he will start Kean. My feeling is no, he will be on the bench.
Our wise old owl didn’t get to the top by listening to his heart, he will do what his head tells him.

Going to be fascinating looking at his team and tactics. Possibly our most important game of the season, or for decades even.

I wonder if he will start Kean. My feeling is no, he will be on the bench.
Our wise old owl didn’t get to the top by listening to his heart, he will do what his head tells him.

Going to be fascinating looking at his team and tactics. Possibly our most important game of the season, or for decades even.
Good call but I dont think we can read too much into this team selection. Give it 4 weeks and then we will have an idea

Why would he change formation when 4-4-2 has been working ? No need to try and accommodate Gylfi , use him as an impact sub..

..................Pickford...……..
…...Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne….
Richarlison Delph Davies Bernard
.................Kean DCL......……….

Holgate in midfield?

Based on injuries I would go:

Pickford

Sidibe Keane Mina Baines

Sigurdsson Davies Delph Bernard

Richarlison Kean

Dont think we need pace for this one and DCL is useless against sides that dont give him space to run into. Would also rest Digne's beautiful groin until the weekend.

Gbamin, Gomes, Iwobi and Walcott are big misses but it shows what improvements are needed in the January window - CB, CM, RW & CF would all come in good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.