Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Campbell just mentioned that Coleman and Sidibe worked really well, so right and Coleman a good one on one defender with pace is a great fit for that position

Was pleasantly surprised with the set up. Didn't think I would see Coleman and Sidibe on same pitch. We didn't revert to the old get it wide ploy but tried to implement other ways. Through the middle out wide was better that just out wide. Burnleys stubborn defence was always going to be difficult to break down but we tried several ways and the defence was on top and the midfield actually played quite a few forward through balls. Thought Bernard suited the drifting inside and was starting to dictate play. It was refreshing to see and the only question I was asking today was 'if only we had clever forwards'. Good start.

Sidibe Man of the match for me, created chances all game, didn't make the right decisions all the time, but the best of the lot. Burnley offered little in front of goal, I think if anyone was going to win it it was us. Puts us up to 13th now on 22 points, need another 18 points to be safe from 17 games. Think we can do it. Hope we can sign some players in January, Zlatan just been announced at AC Milan, which is a shame, it would have been great to see him in blue

Coleman... 'we're desperate to learn from him' when talking about Ancelotti.

Great to hear and we won't get the rumoured Bayern training problems.

Carlo succeeded Pep at Bayern and there was a very strong core of established senior pros so it wouldn’t have been easy. He will have walked in to the Everton dressing room and his sheer presence will have have commanded instantaneous respect.

Tactically good today on the subs and the shape. Good start

Sean Dyche "There wasn't much in it"

Screenshot_20191226-171432~2.png

Burnley was always going to be an awkward game for us no matter who was in charge, so it was nice to pick up all three points. That said, I'm just hoping that I don't have to sit through too many games like that in the future.

MotM was Djibril Sidibé for me. Thought he gave a very positive and committed performance with lots of running and energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.