Match Thread Everton v Burnley KO 14:15 Sunday 1 October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Kenny Holgate Williams Baines
Schneiderlin
Mirallas Davies Sigurdsson Vlasic
DCL
Thought Schneiderlin was much improved when he was the sole CDM in the second half. Burnley will come to only disrupt so we only need one DM and with the ball at his feet i feel MS is the superior player than Gueye. Rooney was abysmal last night and im sorry but its not coincidence that last week we bagged 5 goals without him on the pitch so id drop him.

The CB's are the only two we've got but if Jagielka or Keane are fit enough get them back in.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Baines
Vlasic Davies Gana Lookman
DCL Niasse

I've gone past patience with Rooney, Klaassen, Sandro etc. Dropping Kenny and Davies after 1 bad game just isn't helpful for their development. If he drops kids after 1 bad game but persists in senior players after several then he's just a whopper.

We need pace, enthusiasm and some aerial ability against these lot.

Ashley Williams serving the half time pies.

Pickford
Baines
Keane
Williams
Kenny
Gana
Klassen
Sigurdson
Vlasic
DCL
Niasse.

I'd drop Morgan and Rooney to the bench. Sandro also. Klassen needs a chance in the middle of the park instead of being shoehorned. I'd keep Williams as he's got less mistakes in him than a young holgate. Jags isn't fit yet.

Pickford
Baines
Keane
Williams
Kenny
Gana
Klassen
Sigurdson
Vlasic
DCL
Niasse.

I'd drop Morgan and Rooney to the bench. Sandro also. Klassen needs a chance in the middle of the park instead of being shoehorned. I'd keep Williams as he's got less mistakes in him than a young holgate. Jags isn't fit yet.

This sums us up at the moment

Burnley must be in a terrible quandary right now,

normally they would come here and sit back and hope to hit us on the break
but having seen our games they have got to be saying to their manager "let's go there and play this mob off the park boss"

Pickford
Baines
Keane
Williams
Kenny
Gana
Klassen
Sigurdson
Vlasic
DCL
Niasse.

Are you sure you'd rather not have a re-think on this ?
Williams place is assured right now simply because both Jags and RFM are injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.