Match Thread Everton v Burnley (Fri 20:00) Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has much as I don’t rate DCL, Silva’s answer about respecting him and Cenk was pure class

Think the only time Walters really went up the wrong way was when he was banging on about DCL not scoring goals (think it was to Jagielka).

Good to see Jags kind of just point out that atm we're a far better team with DCL in it because of how well he's playing in every other area.

We definitely need a striker, but I liked that all the players pointed out just how well DCL is doing in that role as well, and the manager of course.

Were we any good? Got dragged to Avengers. Again.
I would say defo very good for 1st 20 or so mins,droped down a level till ht but Burnley were not in it all all 1st half,2nd half not really up to what we have been playing like,but picked up again the last 5 or so mins of the 2nd half-keane was probably pretty lucky not to conceed a pen with around 10-15mins left

since the 3rd March 2019 our home form has been superb

whilst it might only be 2 months of football in reality its probably the best set of results at home we have had a in a long long time, beating the likes of arsenal, chelsea and man utd at home without conceding a single goal and also keeping a clean sheet and getting a point against one of the most prolific liverpool sides who have more than 90 points this season.

Zouma for me. After the first 20 mins we were weirdly passive and needed to defend well to deal with Burnley's bouncing bomb approach to football. The defence (and Schneiderlin amazingly) were rock solid.

I really struggled to pick out a MoM because there wasn't a poor performance from anyone. I've gone for Gylfi, but Morgan Schneids was solid, Idrissa as always, Seamus scored a centre forward's goal, Zouma solid, Keane "Imperious lol", and DCL working his socks off as ever. Well done the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.