Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, but choosing between Holgate and Gomes for a starting point is a sad reflection on our squad! I reckon he is going 3-4-3 though, hence the choice he made.
I just think lining up the same way against an opponent puts you at a disadvantage, we play this way 4 or 5 times a season, they do it every week of every season and understand it far far better than us.

We know what works, we`ve seen it, we need to build that not copy inferior teams.

Giving Brighton way way way too much respect

It’s depressing to watch, I agree Carlo was the same but this clown would rather leave a proper LB on the bench because of his sheer stubbornness, I don’t care if he’s selling him anyway.
Carlo wasn't the same.

Ancelotti didn't do stuff out of petiness. He was pragmatic.

Benitez has proved he is just stubborn.

I have no issue with 3 at the back, no issue with saying he's had a bad hand too. He's had bad luck with injuries. I don't even mind that Digne is going to go as long as we get a good deal.

But this isn't putting the team first.

Seeing that DCL is back in contention is a bug boost for the first game of the new year.

BUT, reading the opta stats on skys preview and seeing Brighton have never won away against Everton in all competitions (D2 L7), losing all four of their Premier League visits to Goodison Park, that kind of stat always seems to preview an Everton defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.