Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fantastic half but we were the better team and deserve to be ahead. Want them to come out in the 2nd half and really go for it and show the supporters what it means to be wearing an Everton shirt. More goals in this for us if we give it a good go.

but then you'l get your hopes up and they'll just collapse again in a few weeks when the tough gets going?

My worry is that that half may have been more about Brighton being poor than us being good. They will come out like a different team in the second half, so we’ll need to be ready to cope with that, which we often haven’t been able to do this year.

This gets wheeled out every single time we outplay a side. Both teams are hardly going to play brilliant at the same time and rip each other to shreds are they?

Keane's passing is absolutely dire but he does have range, can kick them long for a goal kick, straight out for a throw in, forward to Sidibe when under pressure or on the floor and through the middle for an interception. Quite exceptional if you think about it.

One easy way to play against the press is simply to play it long to DCL/Richarlison and pick up the knock down. At least it takes the pressure off watching Keane struggle and gets the opposition turned around.

My worry is that that half may have been more about Brighton being poor than us being good. They will come out like a different team in the second half, so we’ll need to be ready to cope with that, which we often haven’t been able to do this year.
I disagree on that one, they blocked a lot of great chances, and most of our chances came because of great passing from the midfield to the forwards. Mostly that was Bernard, but there were a lot of good balls and great anticipation of players coming free from Sidibe, Digne, and Davies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.