Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would be the ideal situation but would only work where the first team and the reserves were playing identical football, I am not sure that is the case.... I thing that may be a problem to be addressed.
The u23s should be about development. So if Gordon isn't in tune with their tactics because he hasn't trained with them he should be playing anyway. Get your best prospects on the pitch in games at least once a week.

This could require some patience like it did against Burnley. Either;

4-4-2

Pickford - Sidibe, Mina, Holgate, Digne - Walcott, Delph, Siggurdson, Bernard - DCL, Richy.

3-5-2

Pickford - Coleman, Mina, Holgate - Sidibe, Delph, Davies, Siggurdson, Digne - DCL, Richy.

*Assuming Iwobi is still out.

Either way Scheniderlin goes to the Household Waste Recycling Centre under the 'soft plastics' area.

Do you know whats depressing overall ladies and gents? Even with our full first 11 fit, our team is simply rubbish.

In a league based on pace, power, energy and a footballing brain, how many of our team would you really keep. Like no favourites or that, just based on who is good enough?

Pickford, Richarlison, gomes and digne?
DCL, Mase Kean and Davies could be decent.

Other than that is any of our team actually worth anything?
Walcott is not good enough, Keane too slow, gylfi is 30, morgan is crap, delph is a idiot, coleman done by his leg break, Mina is too slow, baines is 45, Gbamin is unknown at this moment.

Lost Gana, Rom, Stones, Delboy was inconsistent but promising, we can only dream of a Tim Cahill or Teenage Rooney now.

One thing that cannot happen on Saturday is Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson starting, it has to be Davies and Delph (even given the rumours he’s better than the other two) in the middle, revert to a 4 man back line with either Djib or Seamus at RB, start Bernard on the left with either Richy (if the latter then play upfront) or Walcott on the right and start Kean up top with DCL, if Richy isn’t put there first

We may see a return to the Duncan Ferguson type selection.
Michael Keane come back into the team and Holgate moves into midfield with Tom Davies.

We could then play Richarlison, DCL, Walcott and Bernard further forward.

I am assuming Delph will not be fit.

I assume he isn't fit for purpose

4-4-2

Pickford - Sidibe, Mina, Holgate, Digne - Walcott, Delph, Siggurdson, Bernard - DCL, Richy.

3-5-2

Pickford - Coleman, Mina, Holgate - Sidibe, Delph, Davies, Siggurdson, Digne - DCL, Richy.

Either way Scheniderlin goes to the Household Waste Recycling Centre under the 'soft plastics' area.
The fact that we virtually are forced into playing those players is sickening.

The fact that we virtually are forced into playing those players is sickening.

Mate the worst thing i was thinking when I was typing those out was that. "I don't even rate half of these players and they're entering my starting XI for Saturday.

It's like i've seen a different player than anyone else with Sidibe. He can't control a football and looks constantly nervous touching it. His first touch is as bad as I've seen

4-4-2

3-5-2

Brighton are a lot more expansive than Burnley. Which means either team could win 3-1.

This is a bad matchup for us. Brighton know how to pass the ball and that'll make it tough in midfield. Trossard is a threat and our RBs are weak defensively. Playing Coleman to handle that threat will take out one of the few creative outlets we have. It's a tough one for Carlo.

Why cant we do what other clubs have done and play some youth? It has had some success at Chelsea and worked for the team across the park on Sunday. :(

Why cant we do what other clubs have done and play some youth? It has had some success at Chelsea and worked for the team across the park on Sunday. :(

Because being successful at U23 level is more important than making a progression to first team level seemingly

Status
Not open for further replies.