Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee: Simon Hooper.
Assistants: Derek Eaton, Scott Ledger.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Kevin Friend. Assistant VAR: Simon Beck.

Will be difficult, they’ve played really well against Chelsea and United despite losing. Lamptey, Trossard, and their number 10 are threats. This is exactly the type of game we’ve got complacent about in recent seasons and allowed teams like Norwich and Bournemouth to batter us at home.

Brighton are a decent side with a gaffer who looks tactically astute but probably couldn't motivate a motivator even if he had an automatic motivating machine on the most motivatingest day of the year.

I personally think Laptey is a baller - he looks electric going forward - but he will be properly put under the defensive microscope by Richy and Digne. Same goes for Future England Legend™ Ben White. Gonna be interesting to see how they both get on on that left hand side. I also like their holding midfielder, Yves Bissouma, who does the Allan job for them and screens the back 3 to let the full backs push on.

Game will be won by James who will also earn an extra 30 quid for recommending Solly March to Uber, Bolt and Ola.

2-0 to (the original) Blue Boys

If we want to finish top 6/8 we should be beating these, no excuses.
We are in good firm, confidence should be high.
These won’t finish near too 6/8 so we shouldn’t be losing to them.

Any season will contain a few unwelcome surprises. Hoping this isn't to be the first of them for us. Respect them and trust that our best game is better than theirs!

Got bummed by Chelsea, lost to United (narrowly) and beat the Barcodes.

This happened last season when everyone bigged them and Potter up and they finished 15th.

Have they cast some sort of spell over people?

I feel like a broken record nowadays, but this is the most important game of the season so far for us.

If we win, we take ourselves to 12 from 12, and that just gives us that huge lift, and personally should take pressure off the players.

Realistically we’re aiming for 7th and the points tally over the last 3 seasons to achieve that has been 54, 57 and 59.

If we go into the international break with 7 wins from 7, it’s been a start only dreams are made of.

Tough game this, ive been impressed with brighton so far, play some cracking footy.
They have a couple of players that look class to be fair. The fact there is no fans in stadiums give teams like Brighton a little more to express themselves and they shouldn't be losing the game on Saturday against utd they if anything deserved to win it. I however believe we should have too much for them richarlison and James to carry the good times into the international break so going 2 nil to the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.