Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo on today, injuries (Coleman and Richie and Pickford...

INJURIES

"Small injury, I think, (Coleman)
Richarlison had the same problem that he had against West Ham in the [Carabao] Cup," he said.

"So we have 15 days to recover them and I think we will be able to do so.

TODAY'S GAME

"We are really pleased for the start, we did really well this period, winning games, showing good quality, the spirit is good," Ancelotti said.

00156a74-614.jpg
Ancelotti has inspired Everton to seven successive wins this season in all competitions

"But it is only the start of the season. Now there is the international break and we can have rest. It was a busy time and we have to come back with the same spirit and attitude.

"In general the attacking football was good, we had opportunities and we were really clinical on set-pieces, really good on the counter-attack, we played a complete game.

"When we defended with the low block we were in a good position, we defended well and so I am pleased."

JORDAN

"He did a mistake but nothing happened, we have three points more and this is the most important part," Ancelotti added.

"This is not the right place to talk about Pickford, if I have to say something to him when he comes back (from international duty) I will talk to him."

Source - RTE website

One of the negatives of today is having to listen to Chris Sutton to be honest.

The guy is an absolute misery of a pundit who could find a negative in anything which is surprising given his career was largely negative mixed in with the a positive which was at best against the grain. Worm.

He is of the Roy Keane school of punditry, be a dullard contrarian to make a name for himself.
Don’t worry about them mate, we are doing the bizzo and that’s all that matters.

He is of the Roy Keane school of punditry, be a dullard contrarian to make a name for himself.
Don’t worry about them mate, we are doing the bizzo and that’s all that matters.

I agree.
He is not worth getting riled up about, I just find it funny that he seems to be gaining traction with different podcasts etc when he clearly doesn’t understand the game or at the very least appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.