Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking the same fella. Imagine what it would be like if we actually win a trophy. My lad is 10, got a picture of him in a baby kit in my arms the last time we beat the RS. Thought 7 years was way too long before the Andy king derby. We’ve made a similar start this season, let’s hope it’s an omen for the derby.

...big thing for me is the attacking threat we carry. I don’t know how this will manifest itself, but for the first time in a long time we carry a threat when we play clubs at the top of this league.

...big thing for me is the attacking threat we carry. I don’t know how this will manifest itself, but for the first time in a long time we carry a threat when we play clubs at the top of this league.
Couldn’t agree more. But can’t stress how important Allan is to the team. We saw against palace, they only had one shot on target, as he breaks up so many attacks. You only had to look at the second half today, Allan would have stopped at source many of those attacks, that required last ditch interventions from Mina. The balance of the midfield is perfect with him in it. He’s the destroyer, Doucoure is the box to box player all over the pitch and Gomes offers the guile with his passing. Saying that all of it goes out of the window if you have your goalie throwing it in the net, every other game.

One of the negatives of today is having to listen to Chris Sutton to be honest.

The guy is an absolute misery of a pundit who could find a negative in anything which is surprising given his career was largely negative mixed in with the a positive which was at best against the grain. Worm.
I've got to agree mate. He just and wants to moan and argue. He reminds me of myself when I was younger and being a knob when I was drunk thinking I could take on the world.
Thankfully I've grown up now!

Thank God that we now have a threat up front. One goal.per match to cancel out the now all too enivitable Pickford mistake. Another goal per match to take the lead. And then another goal just to make things more comfortable.
So thank the stars above that this team is scoring goals..
But the goalkeeping mistakes now have to stop. Not a joke anymore. The goalkeeping situation should have been looked at after Pickfords howler in the derby. Although Carlo cannot be blamed for that. But he can fix things now.
Anyhow.........thank God we are scoring goals. Keep this going and DCL could be a contender for the "golden boot". Why not.......
Up The Toffees. Don Carlos free scoring Pickford arse saving Toffees......

I am imagining you were a top notch salesperson Charles. Hills of Hove were very lucky to have you as an employee.

PS your reference to Are You Being Served made me smile...always laughed at that show...especially the double-entendres surrounding Mrs Slocombes [Poor language removed]!!
aaah Mrs slocomb's cat - indeed. I always had a bit of a crush on Ms Brahms (Wendy Richard) Sadly we both got old...

Status
Not open for further replies.